Oil filter resource?

tk2230

I'll know tonight if I am in for a set of cut pieces... cause I am gonna try the sprinkler section tonight, and if no 1/4 " soaker hose exists at my lowes, then I would like some.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TK2230, TK8269 & illinois- I just checked with the post office, which I'm lucky enough is right across the street and found that shipping to Canada is not that much harder than shipping in the US. I just have a seperate form I need to attach. The cost to Canada is $4.76 USD. Ironically It's only 11 cents less to ship to zip codes 34232 and 45044.

I do have a small amount of hose left. Let me see how much is there and I could probably just send it if you guys will Paypal me the shipping costs. If not the hose only costs about $7 USD after tax, so split three ways it's still very cheap.

Let me know if this works for all of you.

I checked last night to see what I had available and it's not enough for all three of you, so I'll stop tonight and pick up some more. Since the postage is close I'm just going to make the price the same for all of you. I hope this doesn't seem unfair. We're only talking a matter of cents.

So if you're still interested Paypal $7.10 to ares-x@cox.net. Once I receive it I'll send it out (unless it's over the weekend and then it'll go out Monday). Don't forget to give me your mailing address.

I ended up using 21 pieces of tube and they're just over 7" each. I plan to send extra in case you decide to go longer. I'll more than likely send it in one large piece and let you guys do the cutting yourselves.

I hope this works for you guys.

Thank you very much for doing this! Paypal sent.

Wow! You didn't waste any time. I'll pick it up tonight and should be able to get it out tomorrow. Being across the street from the post office makes it pretty easy.

Speaking of which... the post office gave me a customs declaration form. Does it affect you in any way on how I fill it out? Should I mark it as "Gift" or "Other". I know nothing about how this works.

TK2230, TK8269 & illinois- I was a little freaked out when I arrived at Lowe's yesterday afternoon. I walk back to the sprinkler section and where there was a whole mess of the textured irrigation tube just days before there was now a big empty space. Luckily hidden in the shadows was ONE roll left. Whew!

I divided the 50' evenly between the three of you, so you should have more than enough.

For some reason I was charged a Paypal fee from TK2230 and Illinois' transactions, but Illinois was kind enough to send a little extra anyway, so it was all covered. Even so I wasn't going to sweat it over 53 cents.

The hose is all packaged up and as soon as the post office opens I'm going to run it over there. I hope it works well for all of you.

TK8269- I hope I'm not out of line for asking, but from your name I was wondering if you're female. If so, that is way cool!!!

TK2230, TK8269 & illinois- I was a little freaked out when I arrived at Lowe's yesterday afternoon. I walk back to the sprinkler section and where there was a whole mess of the textured irrigation tube just days before there was now a big empty space. Luckily hidden in the shadows was ONE roll left. Whew!

I divided the 50' evenly between the three of you, so you should have more than enough.

For some reason I was charged a Paypal fee from TK2230 and Illinois' transactions, but Illinois was kind enough to send a little extra anyway, so it was all covered. Even so I wasn't going to sweat it over 53 cents.

The hose is all packaged up and as soon as the post office opens I'm going to run it over there. I hope it works well for all of you.

TK8269- I hope I'm not out of line for asking, but from your name I was wondering if you're female. If so, that is way cool!!!

Your packages have been mailed.

TK8269 & illinois- You should receive yours in approximately 2-3 days.

TK2230- I overestimated the weight of the package prior to buying the hose and yours only came to $2.62 USD. I could reimburse you the difference if you'd like, but there will probably be a fee. Sorry, I hadn't bought the hose yet, so I had no idea how much it actually weighed. Let me know what you want to do. After all the Paypal fees are taken out we're probably only talking about $1. I just don't want you to think I was trying to profit off this.

Thanks for doing this! It is really cool of you to take your time and pick more up for us. I don't want to you lose money on this, so if you need any additional to cover you, just let me know.

Thanks again!

Wade

Not at all. You paid more than enough. Thanks!

I'm not looking to profit. Just want to help everyone out when I can. This is how we work with a group of local collectors in AZ and it's this attitude that made us the largest forum on RebelScum. We're constantly hooking each other up.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine last week and it looks perfect! Can't wait to start on the filter. Thanks a million for helping out your fellow troopers!

Wade

Glad you received it. I'm hoping the others voice up when they get theirs too. Be sure to post up the completed pics.