Introduction

Just dropping in to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I am in the Port Charlotte Florida area. Been on some other boards for almost a half year now.

I was looking at the requirements for a TD (Sandtrooper) and noticed a few things, one being a requirement for a Pauldron (Orange, Black or White) to be canon. Is this actually true because there is one TD in ANH not wearing one (see photos below). Has this ever been discussed before?

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is always one sad sack who doesn't get the word

Huh?

Maybe I'm just confused about being CANON. I have understood that to be, the look like one just stepped out of, or off the screen. If this is so, then would a TD with no Pauldron be acceptable? If not then why? Just questions for discussion and my complete understanding of the situation.

You are correct to be movie accurate a sandtrooper does not have to wear a pauldron. However, to be awarded a TD ID the 501st and MEPD has set up criteria you must meet. Not all sandtroopers are seen with every piece of equipment at all times, and when trooping you can do pretty much whatever your garrison/event coordinator will let you get away with but as far as the legion is concerned you must have certain items to be awarded your TD id. In addition to the basics you then have a second set of criteria which is MEPD Deployed status which simply steps it up again.