I'm not sure what advantage this has over the Cushman.

IMHO the Cushman (which is a fair comparison e.g. a vac-formed BFG) is easier to work with in terms of cutting, and IIRC is less expensive, & looks better in terms of details.

My $.02...

Copy that Yeah I've got a Cushman MG34 and I think it's fine. Even if the detail isn't 100% I added the greeblies and did some additional paint detailing. Most people can't tell the difference anyway.

And I like how light it is!

Well Sabretooth_aw, I think it would be great if you got one one of these ABS guns.

Especially if the "Crushman" is too thin for you.

My Cushman DC-15 rifle survived travelling in a tightly packed soft piece of luggage and held up perfectly, even with being slammed around by the luggage handlers. Also, I drop tested Daetrin's T-21 gun. Do not worry, I do it to all that I assemble. I also have the Cushman MG-34, and it has survived many troops... and is light as a feather.

As for your quest for this ABS gun, I say you go for it. Frankly, I think the MEPD membership needs a good understanding of how it goes and we need some perspective on how a Lewis Gun made from this kit goes. I have seen pics of this kit before, but always as a kit... never a trooper owning or carrying one.

That all cleared up, if you do not have flipping sweet skills, the assembly on that kit, which is untrimmed, will predictably, be a super challenging process. Since the way you will have to put it together... it is most likely assembled (I Think) using a butt-joint process with shims inside... it is like assembling a giant seamless piece of clone armor... that is 54" long, meaning you are back-shimming (internally) over 100" linear inches. Then you will have to fill every linear inch with bondo on the outside!

I predict a super-fragile gun once completed.

Mainly due to the fact that you have a couple of long strips, or several smaller strips of ABS holding not just one stress point, but two... the left and right side of the gun.

Crackle, crackle, crackle.

But, I say... go for it since you think it is better than a "Crushman" – I look forward to seeing your end result. Lastly, I probaly suggest that you would not ask Crushman for one of his since he is reading this thread.

Good Luck!

John

Well Sabretooth_aw, I think it would be great if you got one one of these ABS guns.

Especially if the "Crushman" is too thin for you.

But, I say... go for it since you think it is better than a "Crushman" – I look forward to seeing your end result. Lastly, I probaly suggest that you would not ask Crushman for one of his since he is reading this thread.

John

No offence, brother John .... I am just trying to compare the material of each... Not the maker but the material used. Was asking for informations and ideas. I love my cushman MG-34 YES, I HAVE ONE TOO ... I got it from one of my guys and I build it inch by inch... love by love... I became the first to own any MG-34 in my country. That's history in the making, Man!!!!

I even got more WW2 stuffs from cushman too.. Ed knows I am a fan of his ...

Maybe my words dun sounded right to some but it meant no harm to anyone... I will edit my post then.

Anyway.. FYI... I just upgraded my MG-34 bipod to a V2.... That's love.. True Love... brother.... last but not least... the cushman T-21 is also in my list of things to get....

I really was seriously interested in the amount of energy and time it takes to make this gun.

The only one assembled seen is one on their web site.

Get the Cushman T-21 and this gun and do a comparison. Then sell your least favorite.

This gun needs a review.

No probs.

John

I agree with John, I would love to see and read all about an ABS Lewis.

Hey to each their own :o)

I love my Cushman (filled with Great Stuff Foam Expander its pretty bullet proof) but I am always curious to see other ppls spin on Star Wars guns.

My E-11 is made of 100% ABS weights 1lbs and is super tough so I say build which ever you want take alot of pictures and show it off here :o)

I have seen Lewis made of wood and that one was amazing.Anyway good luck building your gun

Yes, it is clear, he is presenting options... and options are good. AND, he mentions the Woodchuck T-21 AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!

BUT, I am getting pretty crazy with my gun supply. I have:

2 DC-15 rifles (assembled, and with both with Woodchuck bits)

Version One (pre-weathering)...

Posted Image

Version Two (assembled)...

Posted Image

A Version One kit (not pictured).

One DLT-19 converted Cushman MG-34 V1

(if you have the V1 MG, get his upgrade kit for very low price)

Looks like this...

Posted Image

A T-21 Kit (here is a pic of Paul's...

Posted Image

An unassembled MG-15 (not pictured).

Two E-11s

A Resin Display...

Posted Image

A trooping weapon...

Posted Image

Looks good, with a bit of work it could look a quite a bit better...

Posted Image

And I have 2 unassembled MG-34 V1s with DLT-19 barrels and bipods.

And a Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster!

Dang it! And I have a DC-15 Carbine!

12 blasters!

Troop On!

John

I agree with John, I would love to see and read all about an ABS Lewis.

Hey to each their own :o)

I love my Cushman (filled with Great Stuff Foam Expander its pretty bullet proof) but I am always curious to see other ppls spin on Star Wars guns.

My E-11 is made of 100% ABS weights 1lbs and is super tough so I say build which ever you want take alot of pictures and show it off here :o)

I have seen Lewis made of wood and that one was amazing.Anyway good luck building your gun

Just came back from a event.. and saw first hand wat my fellow trooper did to his cushman Ver 2 MG-34.... WAH!!!!! a bit of skills and time... it really really can stand along side a hyperfirm we had. if I could onli take a few pics to show... he is a humble man....

• 2 weeks later...