Bobbleheads

ED209

Don't be mean, this isn't an FX topic.

I'm talking about the bobbleheads they're selling at Blockbuster Video stores (Maybe other stores as well, but I don't know). Anyway, I picked up a Stormtrooper one, which I thought would make a good desk piece. But then I started wondering...will these things later be considered collectibles?

I'm not into collecting toys and such - God knows I should've bought a whole bunch of them back in 1977 when Star Wars came out, instead of playing with them and ripping their arms off...after all, that what children wookies do - but every once in a while, I'll spot a toy that I think would be cool to keep.

So, what does one look for in collecitbles? And, do you think these bobbleheads will be worth holding on to? I'm guessing they're not, but I'd like to hear from some of the experts.

Here's a link to them...

http://www.wickedcoolstuff.com/stwabobyfu.html

Yeah I have all my little SW guys. There's some type of inspection / rating system and if your guys are a certain percentage they're worth a grip! Other than that I know nothing. I guess you just gotta get a big place to house all yer treasure and maybe someday some of it will pay off.

Seems to me that collecting anything Star Wars related (when it comes to collectibles) is a waste of time and space. Everyone is collecting or has been collecting so nothing is rare. If its not rare, its rarely worth anything. Seems like everytime I do collect something that is rolling by on the bandwagon, I regret wasting money on it. On the other hand if you collect because YOU want to and dont care about value then who cares right?

I sold off all my stuff a few years ago. It was pretty much worthless.

I also notice that some things even if you hold on to them for 30 plus years are not worth toting around for that long. Think about it. You have a case of action figures that are in a box that you have been dragging around since you were 12 through high school, college, wife and kids and 2 homes. Now its worth $3000 or even $6,000. Its not worth it to me to keep it that long. And would you actually be able to part with it after that long? If you cant sell it then its still worthless until you do.

Sorry to ramble

I held on to certain SW toys I had when I was a kid and they are priceless to me.

I still enjoy collecting some of the toys (mainly Imperial stuff) but with the market the way it is and all the repackaging of the same toy over and over it's become kinda pointless.

The bobbleheads are cool though, I have the Stormtrooper, Boba and the Vader I got at C3.

The only current pieces that I have that's worth some real $$ (besides some of my vintage stuff) is the first Slave Leia Unleashed and the Gentle Giant TD from C3.

But who knows, thay may be worth something down the road but I just enjoy having them.