Memories of the Man Cave

TD2802

I may have posted these earlier but thought I'd share some photos of my visit to the Man Cave in '06. You couldn't have asked for a better host than Tony and no visit to the islands is complete for a sandy or TK without meeting the man in person and getting the TE2 experience. Hope he's doing ok!

Some of his first run then waiting for completion.

Posted Image

The grand tour.

Posted Image

Daetrin's bucket

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While The Man Cave hasn't expanded outwardly, the interior sure got crowded.

Come on in, take a look around.

Posted Image

Faye & I decided to upgrade the couch, loveseat, and recliner since Brian's visit. The SONY 46" Bravia with SONY Dream Machine sound system is new. Hidden behind the doors are a Playstation 3 and XBox 360.

Posted Image

Cool beverages are always stocked for the occasional visitor.

Posted Image

I decided to upgrade the shelfing units since Brian's visit.

The newest member to the Sagun Clad can be seen at the lower right: Abigail Michie, our precious little chihuahua.

Posted Image

At this work station I'm working on what hopefully will be a ESB helmet.

Posted Image

The "fitness" center is still here...unused, but still here.

Posted Image

I had to include this photo of military garb. Thanks to Seth and Mike H. for getting me started in reenacting. I remember when they posted a photo of themselves in Vietnam-era uniforms. I'll post some photos of my various uniforms as they become finalized. Thanks for stopping by.

Aloha,

T

Beautiful! What I wouldn't give for a man-cave like that.

Well you say i all there

I have just been looking again, and again in those pictures.

****... and wowww are the words pop up here...

I got the same feeling, when i first saw a troop event 8 years ago.

Very nice pictures.

Thanks for the look bro, love you stuff

It's less a man cave and more a man house. Man in law apartment? Absolutely fantastic!

I'm not sure in which regard your are more fortunate - having such an awesome place to unwind or a wife who loves you enough to let you have such a pad.

Posted Image

I had to include this photo of military garb. Thanks to Seth and Mike H. for getting me started in reenacting. I remember when they posted a photo of themselves in Vietnam-era uniforms. I'll post some photos of my various uniforms as they become finalized. Thanks for stopping by.

Aloha,

T

Hey, cool!! I see your M1 helmet, flack vest and a resin M-16 perhaps? Is that also a Bolan holster? I just got one for my 1911 and an accompanying dual magazine pouch. Seth and I have pretty much all the same stuff now including flack vests, etc. We're trying to get a small group together for DragonCon, but we'll also have some updated pictures next month at Shoreleave.

To top it off, I'm building a real M16A1 - I've got everything except the lower receiver and buffer tube, both of which are BO.

I may have to post some pictures of my Man Cave... we all should!

Greetings sir,

I'm glad you appreciate the photo

You are correct that the M-16 is resin. Not too bad really. I've also got a M-60 reproduction that is resin too.

I'm going for the "USAF airbase ground defense" look. I've got my Vietnam-era blue USAF master sergeant stripes, blue name tape & an in-country made US Air Force tape. These will be placed on my OG-107 Coat, Mans Combat Tropical.

I've also got a uniform especially prepared for you and Seth...

I remember you posting not too long ago about the M-16 project - too kool bro.

T

Hi Mike,

I can still recall the day that "Phantom Strike" by Robert Taylor came home from the Pictures Plus store. I'm happy that there's other troopers out there that can appreciate it.

It was sad news to hear of General Robin Olds passing.

T