Hi I am the new guy and this is my T-21 (update 5/27)

Hello, After meeting a few of the 501st here in San Diego

I decided that I wanted to join.

I am about 75% done with my T-21 and 75% done with my Field Pack.

And building my armor as well.

You will be hearing more from me soon :o)

After getting my Cushman T-21 kit in the middle of my pack build I decided to

give it a go. Now keep in mind I am not done with this by any means BUT

after wondering why the Jedi get all the cool special effects toys I decided to look into adding a little spice to my new toy.

I have always been a big fan of Ripley's huge gun at the end of Aliens more so I love how the pilot flame at the end of the barrel just screams keep away or you will become toast.....

Now with that in mind I wanted to add a little of that to the T-21 light repeating blaster. Well since the T-21 does not actually fire lead but to my best guess it delivers an intense laser like blast that much like Ripley's gun will leave any rebel scum on the business end of this bad boy looking like burnt toast.

So some sort of pilot light was in order...

Well enough said what do you guys think??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Best part this does not produce any heat that would melt the plastic :o)

And it will run for days on just 4 AAA with out ever having to turn off. I can pop off the barrel in just 30 secs if I choose to turn off.

5/27/08 Update

Here are a couple new shots in low light so detail is not what I had hoped

More to come soon.........

Have started weathering now that I am getting close to finishing (ok thats a lie these things are never finished)

But with me working on my scratch build field pac, T-21, armor, and now this ABS super tough E-11 (all at the same time) things are still chugging along...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:lol: What's funny is that I'm listening to Richard Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries and I scrolled down to see your crazy barrel interior, so it was very awe inspiring.

Nice gun, bro!

I have that song in my Vietnam playlist.

Cool barrel effect, BTW.

Thanks for the kind words.

If you are interested in adding a little plasma to your T-21 then all you need

A small peanut plastic jar roughly 5"X 2.75'

A Clip On Wearable Plasma Disk size 2.75" diameter X 1.25" depth.

Google or ebay " Clip Plasma Disk" they come in many colors and run around $19

And an exacto knife or a dremel tool.

*Note On my T-21 I chose to use 3 screws to hold the top end of the barrel in place instead of gluing it, this allows for super easy removal of the top to insert plasma disk.

Enough said all you have to do is

take the peanut jar cut around 1" from the bottom.

Next unscrew top and notch a 2 inch rectangle into the top of it.

(as you will notice the whole plasma unit will almost fit into the top of the jar before you cut a notch into it)

After it is notched its is super easy to now slide the plasma disk into the jar. It will hold in place quite nicely Use a ruber band around jar's screw theards will make it all but impossible for it to fall out by accident .

The jar with pasma unit will now slid into the gun's barrel very snuggly.

Once inside it will not fall unless you attach it to a paint mixer!!

Now turn on (normal or sound activated its up to you) re-attach the top of the gun and you are done.

Whole time of mod less then 20 mins .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*NOTE Painting the inside of the barrel gloss black will make the light reflex alot nicer. Its even visible outside under direct sun light :o)

Thanks TD-2272 , Like I said b4 why should the Jedi be the only ones with special effect gear? lol

Its time that troopers get a little FX love :o)

So far everyone I have 'aimed' this bad boy at has been loved it.

I mostly don't tell them how it works and just leave them slack jawed.

I can't wait till I am done building and aging this thing...

now if only I can make it blast a hole through 4 ft of solid steal......

JK

But I am working on a little something different for my field pack

Extremely nifty(!)....you have to take apart the barrel to turn it on and off?

The end of my barrel comes off with just 3 screws. Takes me 30 secs.

BUT the cool thing is that the batteries will last for a few days before they die. So you can turn it on when you are suiting up and not have to worry about your plasma/T-21 pilot light going dead unless you bought super cheap batteries LOL

It would take little effort to add a small notch to the bottom of the barrel (and mask it with simple gaff tape) where you can use a min screw driver to flip if off and on BUT I decided not to on this one.

Alt 2 would be to steel a battery cover from a remote control of some sort for access to the switch.

Its a matter of personal choice i would think. I will stick to 3 screw method for the time being.

If anyone want to do this to thiers and would like more help feel free to let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

I painted the inside of the barrel gloss black and the fact that its a good

5" deep + the luminance of the plasma disk help alot to being able to see it out in daylight...

The strap is not my fav. choise but it captured the spirit of the one from the movie the best i felt. it just 2 Canvas WEB Style Belts in BEIGE that I cut off the metal parts and screwed together... like this one

they are like 2 dollars

Item">http://cgi.ebay.com/Canvas-WEB-Style-Be ... dZViewItem

wow nice effect.. I've been looking for a lewis for a while.. that cushman looks awesome! Nice FX mod! I've already got ideas running through my head on how to mod it further.. LOL

Time to get my Cushman! LOL

Wow - very cool mod! Don't forget to trim down those thighs before submitting pix

I will , wish i had 30 hours in the day with 2 kids....

i am out of the country on buisnes and will trim them when i get back :o)

wow nice effect.. I've been looking for a lewis for a while.. that cushman looks awesome! Nice FX mod! I've already got ideas running through my head on how to mod it further.. LOL

Time to get my Cushman! LOL

sweet would love to see someone take this mod to the next level, I think we can all learn from each other and I love learning from other ppl

I think I'll be giving this a shot with my cushman!

I cant make up my mind what color to get... I like the idea of all green since some blaster bolts were green.. but I like blue. and rainbow is pretty. darn it all!!