BUPA 10K Run.Edinburgh.

May the forth came and went too quickly!

Alongwith the rest of the Scottish contingent of the UK Garrison I was in Edinburgh for the BUPA 10K run(BUPA's a UK based health care organisation)and being the forth the organisers had asked us to come along and do our thing.

10.000+ runners desended on the Scottish capital on the day with a fair few done up as Star Wars characters.Thankfully the "infamous" Scottish weather behaved itself and the sun was out for most of the day(really felt sorry for the guys in black-they where sweating buckets).

God knows how much money was raised for the various charities but first estimates make it the tens of thousands.

Darth was of course the big attraction for the crowds and our man Alsitair was asked to choose two winners from the Star Wars runners and was even upon the podium to help start the various groups of runners which included a load of Britsh TV celebrities.

Still the only Sandtrooper with the Scots' contingent(felt like screaming every time someone said:-"That one's all rusty") and finally had to smile when someone recognised a Sandtrooper-still all I said was that I was the "working" trooper amongst us.

Anyhoo!Here's some pics to let you have a butchers at:-

What pesky scouts do best(abusing trees)

Posted Image

A "real" trooper and two bobbleheads!

Posted Image

Keeping order at the start line!

Posted ImagePosted Image

This girl and her mum came in first amongst the disabled entrants!

Posted Image

Felt so sorry(not)for the guys in black!

Posted Image

Not the first strange look I got that day:-

Posted Image

Like I said I'm the only Sandtrooper in Scotland so far but a couple of new members are working on their outfits so I'll finally be able to strut my stuff with real,working troops instead of bobbleheads,pretty-boys and those ****,pesky tree-dogers! {SMILIES_PATH}/peace.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/peace.gif

Iain.