TD from an old senior TD

Sandtrooper Marco

OK I have weathered a ANH helmet (was a self build from Scotland). Because there were some mayor visual problems with the helmet, it was the best to change this bucket into a good weathered helmet.

I got into the zone when I was busy, and I repaired also all the little mistakes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep there is a blastmark which hit this helmet at this side.

Posted Image

and the best photo is the following

Posted Image

To be sure that the weathering would look real-life. I used sandpaper, heatguns and everything which would partly wheather this helmet.

Airbrushing

* I used to colour the helmet in 3 white and white-yellow colours.

* Sandcolour to make the first colouring of the marks

* real sand and dry and superheated ground to make the 3D marks of weathering.

The photo's have to be 3 shades darker, but I haven't got a perfect camera.

But this ANH helmet was from an old senior in battles with the Rebels and mercians.

I think and hope that this helmet has got enough requirements to become a good TD.

Chill Marco

• 2 weeks later...

At this level of damage I think the weathering just looks too clean which makes the whole thing kinda of artificial. There is only one tone of weathering (brown) and it looks more like camouflage effect rather than dirt while the white areas where you created the damages are too clean. Try working with brush or sponge will give you amazing results.

Overall I like a helmet which has a story to tell and I'm inspired to something like this too! Thanks for sharing!

Just my 2 cents!

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean with "the weathering looks to clean". Reason why it looks like that way is because the photo isn't the rigth colour. It has to be 3 shades darker!

70% of the brown wheathering is real reddish finely broken rock. I'll make a few close-ups so you see the grain of the rock on it.

I'll put some extra ligther broken rock on it so it will have a better look, I know you'll see that it will have a better real life look.

Could also place the ANH helmet on the beach when there is a good strong wind..I'll get the same weathering

• 3 weeks later...

the only thing i dont like is the grey teardrops and boxes. they look hastily painted and not compleate.

i woudl suggest redoing these sections, and you're rockin!