Review of Stormtroopers Rubber handplates and gloves

RoCKo

i was one of the first buyers of our member Stormtrooper´s ANH Rubber Gloves with Latex Hand Armour.

here is the direct link to his first run:

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3746

unfortunatly he doesn´t make them anymore right now, so please wait for the next run!

like almost any other member here i want my Sandtrooper to be as accurate as possible.

it was always a myth if the handplates were made of rubber/latex or of plastic like the rest of the suit.

at least since the Original Trilogy in HD came up, this myth became reality.

lots of screenshots clearly show the handplates in ANH were made of rubber/silicone/latex glued to rubber gloves.

Stormtrooper was the first to take the next step to accuracy and made the rubber handplates available in a limited run, at least so far.

enough of my words, here are my personal gloves compared to some HD screengrabs from ANH!

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and some moves with the rubber gloves with latex handplates...

Posted Image

Thanks for taking the time to create and post the comparison pics Rocko, and I'm really glad that you're happy with your set

This lil' project has 'snowballed' on me, since I originally had intended to create just a couple of sets for my own replica ANH armour...

then when I had the moulds made and some latex left-over I thought I'd offer them on the forums and maybe sell 6 or 7 pairs.... hhhmmm, let's just say I sold quite a bit more!

Also, I sent a few of these out on Saturday (emails on their way to the soon-to-be-owners ) and got completely HAMMERED on the Airmail charges. GGGGRRRR Rip-off Britain

I completely underestimated the Demand, and ended-up under-pricing them and didn't realise that the latex takes 3 or 4 days to cure before I can paint them, which adds to the timeframe!

So after I finish the current run, I'll offer a LIMITED 2nd run and they'll likely be more expensive... sorry, but I'm making practically zilch on these, but as a Stormtrooper fan I would like as many fellow fans to have accurate latex handguards

So thanks everyone for the kind remarks - I'm glad to be helping (in a small way) to create more accurate Storm / Sandtroopers, but if you're interested in getting in on the SECOND run then please 'hold tight' and "watch this space"

Cheers,

John

• 1 month later...

after all i know John takes a break from doing these gloves/handplates...

i´m sure he will post another FS thread whenever he´s ready for another run... patience guys, they are definatly worth it!

• 11 months later...