Maximum weight for a Sandtrooper..

dutchy

uh...5'11" and my average weight is about 220, even when I'm in real good shape (which isn't often since I turned 35).

All my weight is carried in my thighs (huuge thighs) and my shoulders. According to the military height/weight table, I should weigh 180. I haven't been 180 since the tenth grade. I'd have to cut off a leg to be 180 again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No kidding Jay? I need to tell my wife this! I'm 5-10 170 to 176 depending on how close it is to Thanksgiving and I roll with a beer belly so she thinks I'm fat!

Hey if you've got good tools you gotta build a shed over them right???

uh...5'11" and my average weight is about 220, even when I'm in real good shape (which isn't often since I turned 35).

All my weight is carried in my thighs (huuge thighs) and my shoulders. According to the military height/weight table, I should weigh 180. I haven't been 180 since the tenth grade. I'd have to cut off a leg to be 180 again.

Welcome to the LMG Squad of MEPD

5' 10" - 220lbs

for the shoulder bell I ended up buying a MP arm band and Traced it onto an old leather portfolio I had that was going to be junked. Cut it out and sewed up the edges. Just sewed a MEPD patch onto it. Its held on with Velcro. Its pretty easy but I am not real happy with the way it sits, doesn't follow the contours of the shoulder bell.

Its pretty easy, hardest part was sewing up the curved edges.

Who cares if you carry some extra weight around or have a toolshed or a spare tire wrapped around your middle..Just as long as we look good in our armor , we will rock

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good subject to talk about.

Being 6'2"+ and tipping the scales at 260 when I bought my armor.

I will be honest it was a bit intimidating buying my armor. Mostly because I had to face the fact that it might not fit!!

I had a gut but that I knew I could deal with. But having massive shoulders and tree trunk like thighs that are very muscular (which are great for bar fights not so great for tight fitting armor) I knew it was going to be a challenge making my armor dreams come true LOL

Well one day I decided F@#k it I am going to buy my armor and make it all fit. Well as you can see in my signature picture I did it

I am now 245 and losing lbs every week.

I KNOW THERE IS AT LEAST ONE PERSON READING THIS THAT has wanted to buy white armor that is too embrarassed to do so because of there body like I was. But let me tell you wearing my armor is 100 times better any junk food will ever taste.

I am soooooooo glad it

Ok, I'm trying this again with the pics.I can see I need some work to be done still on this but I'm getting there, and I am 5 feet 1 inch tall and weigh 115 pounds with this armor on.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll320/DarthVaderNut7/pets007.jpg

[/img]Posted Image

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll320/DarthVaderNut7/pets009.jpg

[/img]Posted Image

the shoulder bells need some straps and I have to get the other stuff on the belt, plus the pauldron needs to be adjusted and i need to get the M40 ammo packs on or what ever you call them.. plus I need to remake the neck seal as I made it too high and cant get it on right.

Let me know what you think.

Short Trooper (Diana)

My honest opinion Diana? I'd suggest you sell it and get an AP kit. The FX was designed for people over 6' tall, the AP much shorter. No amount of trimming will make that FX look good on you. People even at 5'4" make AP look good on them, and I'm sure you can get it on your 5'1" frame.

For a pauldron you'll probably have to resize the pattern and get a custom one made to look correctly.

The boots are not 501st acceptable and will have to be replaced. Your best bet it to just get some jodhpur boots and paint them white.

I know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but long term it's the best course of action.

Hope the helps!

Thank you for your honest opinion .

I will try to correct the problems and I know the jodphur boots I have arent the right kind, but those were the only ones I could get to fit. I do have some that are white "Elvis type" boots. The jodphur ones I don't know if I can get them in a diffrent style as they don't make them any smaller than the ones I have now. Those were dark brown and I painted them white with white vinyl spray paint. The paint I can see is beginig to crack as I walk too.:(

I wouldn't even know where to get new armor at let alone afford the price for it. Where would I get the AP at? How do you tell which is which? How much is it?

I must admit I am a bit crushed at having to start over but If I can do it I will try to.I will postphone making the back pack then I have been working on.

Short Trooper (Diana)

Take heart - all is not lost and it's not *that* bad Here are some less expensive and easy fixes:

1) The limbs (arms/legs) are actually OK for the most part. You did a really good job on the thighs especially. You can just get a new chest/back from AP for now and that should take care of most of it, then get a belt when you have time.

2) The boots are hard. I took mine to a cobbler and had him do the initial dye job and have had no cracking problems, though I need to do some touch up. What size are you?

3) Yeah, the shoulder bells need some serious trimming but this is an easy fix.

4) I think if you can get the neck adjusted on the pauldron to sit correctly it will be acceptable. Just add some additional snaps and it should be OK.

5) For the chest/back, you can remove the plastic shoulder connectors. They weren't there anyway, and if you connect them using fabric straps (about the width of the tabs) you can get that chest to be more snug,

Then just get dirty

For pouches there are some floating around for sure on these boards. Then you just have the pack.

Do you have any sandtroopers living near you? I'm wondering if an accurate pack can be made to work, but if not you can create one yourself and have it look good.

SWChick's is pretty small too and her pack turned out well:

http://www.swchick.com/costume_sandy.php

In all honesty I have seen a lot worse Diana,

The first thing that jumped out at me wasn't that you where being swalllowed by the armor, it was that someone was playing horseshoes with a pauldron and causght you. One thing you might want to do as well is add some padding to the arms.

You can also trim the top of the ab and back piece down some, that will help a little with the chest/back, but I realy do think you will need to replace that. Also you can cut the ab/back under the belt, and with a little artistic license you can trim that down as well. The only thing you would need to replace would be the back/chest unless you can somehow trim that down a bit. For the boots...what size do you wear? worst case you might want to wear the elvis boots for now. They aren't cannon and are too pointy but I think they look better then what you have now.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Well, I wear a size 6 wide shoe and the boots I have are men's size 8 small..... the smallest shoe they could find like that.

I can try to trim the ab and back plate down and stuff but I have problems with my hands tremoring due to a neuropathy (Charcot Marie Tooth neuropathy a musculo skeletal degenerative disease).

I velcrowed the shoulders together so that will be no problem to fix that ..Can some one take a pic of how the shoulders are supposed to be so I can see it?

I do have the mp40's already and some parts for the back pack .I will chack out the link you gave me to see how I can make the pack fit me better than a realy big one that you guys wear.

Diana

For help with the trimming, you could try to use painter tape or masking tape to line out where you need to cut. Cut above the line and then use sand paper to get to the line. This will give you some margin for the tremors you experience.

For help with the trimming, you could try to use painter tape or masking tape to line out where you need to cut. Cut above the line and then use sand paper to get to the line. This will give you some margin for the tremors you experience.

Hey!

That will help me a lot!!!!!

Thank you Foggy

Short Trooper (Diana)

Maybe you can go and check the jodhpur shoes out at a local equestrian shop or horseback riding school. Most of the time they sell them over there and yes...especially in your size.But as Daetrin wrote, you have to dye them yourselve.

And if you might need some info on the AP, pm me

Maybe you can go and check the jodhpur shoes out at a local equestrian shop or horseback riding school. Most of the time they sell them over there and yes...especially in your size.But as Daetrin wrote, you have to dye them yourselve.

And if you might need some info on the AP, pm me

THere is an equestrian shop in the next town, about 20 miles from here. I have some buisness in that town next week so I'll stop in and see what they have.

Can you pm me and tell me about what the AP armor is?

Thanks!

Diana (Short Trooper)

This is a good subject to talk about.

Being 6'2"+ and tipping the scales at 260 when I bought my armor.

I will be honest it was a bit intimidating buying my armor. Mostly because I had to face the fact that it might not fit!!

I had a gut but that I knew I could deal with. But having massive shoulders and tree trunk like thighs that are very muscular (which are great for bar fights not so great for tight fitting armor) I knew it was going to be a challenge making my armor dreams come true LOL

Well one day I decided F@#k it I am going to buy my armor and make it all fit. Well as you can see in my signature picture I did it

I am now 245 and losing lbs every week.

I KNOW THERE IS AT LEAST ONE PERSON READING THIS THAT has wanted to buy white armor that is too embrarassed to do so because of there body like I was. But let me tell you wearing my armor is 100 times better any junk food will ever taste.

I am soooooooo glad it

Getting the armor was the best move you did

Those extra pounds will come off eventually and if not...no biggie either. Just as long as you feel ok about yourself xavier..That's the most important thing of all..

Respect that you already lost 15 pounds bro'

: dutchy :

Thanks bro

i really hope that i can inspire at least one person out there who has wanted to armor-up to go for it. funny thing is that i went from no armor in the middle of may to inspiring others with my t-21, e-11 and crazy effect field pack which makes me proud. mind you that i have like zero time to work on them right now because of work. but i am going to hit the ground running come july and will be wearing my grear at san diego comic con

cjfive you found them? well you can keep them and i have more where that came from LOL

Ok, I have some other questions ....

1. I want to know what is a good paint to work with that is good for the

'dirtying" but will wipe off if i make a mistake or slob on the armor accidentally? I watched parts of the video that I saw on here about how to dirty your armor but my player jumpes around alot.and cut a lot of it off:(

What colors do I use? Can I put real dirt on it or can I use sand that is really fine? I know I can get sone really fine sand at a local petshop that uses a really fine grade sand for their reptiles, and snakes...

2. If I need to cut my leg armor off a bit inthe back under my knee in the back shin, will that be ok, as it's poking me really bad when I walk...I'm ok standing, but walking is a bit painful.

3.I fixed the pauldron...my youngest put it on too loose and I didn't know it had slid over like that till i sent the pics. Which reminds me, do I have to dirty that up too?

4.Does any one have an Idea on how to make a Dewback prod? If you do can you pm me and let me know?

5. DoI have to be a member of the 501st first, then apply for the MEPD?If I pass the 501st how long do I have to wait to apply for the MEPD? (should I get my armor dirty after I pass the 501st?)

6. What do you guys use for foam padding in the arm and leg armor to keep it from slipping? I have seen air conditioning foam, large foam pieces cut to size, small pieces of foam with a pre adhesive backing....

7. My boots may take a little more time in getting as the store mostly does western wear and not jodphurs. I will check around and see what I can find.

8. Can some one here post a pic of how you made your shoulder pieces to fit your armor and how you attached it to your armor.....

9. How do you attach the MP40's pouch to your shoulder and how do the pouches go on the belt part? i also have a small personal mic and amplifier set, where do you put the amplfier at?

Thanks for answering my questions....

Short Trooper (Diana)