Maximum weight for a Sandtrooper..

dutchy

As I was standing tall( 1,83cm) on the scale this morning and the digits tipped to the 90kg( after all the eastermeals I devoured )I wondered what the max weight for a trooper is...

I know there is a difference in armors, I have got an AP and that doesn't work too well when you weigh over 200 pounds..I guess

I practice Capoeira(Brazilian martial art, 3 times a week, 2hrs), eat healthy, and cycle a lot but still my weight stay's in the 85-90 zone..

So how much do you weigh trooper!

Posted Image

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm 6' tall, and about 170lbs. give or take five pounds.

Based on all the behind the scenes pictures, I would guess the native Tunisians they hired to be Sandtroopers were about 5'11 and 160lbs.

Based on all the behind the scenes pictures, I would guess the native Tunisians they hired to be Sandtroopers were about 5'11 and 160lbs.

Man..this means I have to sew up my mouth..

I think the largest sandtrooper on these boards was CMANavy. He got his - IIRC - 6'4" 245lb self into a set of TE armor no less, and looked great in it.

WOW.. respect..

I think it all depends on where the weight/ mass is placed on the body..

When you got a belly like you had one beer keg too much, then it would be more difficult to get into your armor..( I don't mean to offend anyone with this remark by the way)..

i know weve got a couple of tall troopers. im gonna guess 6'6 or so. not gonna guess the weight. but they are both vader too. so.... i can find out if anyone wants....

I think the largest sandtrooper on these boards was CMANavy. He got his - IIRC - 6'4" 245lb self into a set of TE armor no less, and looked great in it.

but he did have a lot of black showing... kinda goes without saying.

6'2" 250. And anyone who says "you would make a great Vader or Chewbacca" I will beat your ***. AND, I will do it in this armor...

Posted Image

A Marine friend decided he would try to spar with me on Halloween while I wore armor. I let him have the first punch to my abdomen. He almost broke his hand. It ended in that one punch.

Nice talk boys. I was nice to the 5'6" TK girl in my Garrison, and she weighed about 130-135... I was very nice!

HAHAHA!

John

but he did have a lot of black showing... kinda goes without saying.

@ Rolf...I already knew you were a slim shady bro'..hahaha

All the respect for that!

But all you other guys are really great by sharing all this info..and weight should never be an issue..

Except when you are intending to wear the Leia "slave"outfit..

well - I can speak for all of the LMG's (LowLand Moutain Gorillas - Thanks Tony) - I don't think weight is the issue, but rather build. If you carry all of your weight in your gut, there may be issues, get your arms much bigger than 16" or so, and you gotta shim.... just depends. I know guys who weigh much more than me and fit fine....

I'm 5'9" and 175lbs.

Last September (2007) I was 216 lbs.

Lost about 40 lbs and it was really easy. I did a combination of no carbs and calorie reduction.

Basically, if my wife made chicken, green beans and potatoes, I didn't eat the potatoes, AND I didn't add extra food to make up for the potatoes.

If you eliminate your carb/refined sugar intake for 5-6 months, you'll get down to your target weight. There's still alot of great stuff to eat.

Once you get to your target weight (mine was 175lbs) start working carbs back into your diet. Step on the scale everyday. If you get down to 173ish, eat what every you want that weekend. Eat whatever you want on holidays. When the scale says 178lbs+, eat more salads for lunch.

Most people probably eat fine to maintain their weight, but they've increased their weight by 40lbs over 15 years or so. It only takes a few months to reverse all that weight gain, and just a bit of attention to the scale to maintain it. I found the whole process really easy. I was surprised how easy it was to loose 40lbs and keep it off.

If you need any advice, post here or PM me and I'll answer.

You all look awesome!!

And as is mentioned before, the build is even more important..

But it is comforting to hear that everybody is satisfied with his/her body