TD-1044

Hello,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Deployed Status Standards have slightly changed this year. For the most part, you look great! Wonderful weathering and a very creative backpack that's detailed nicely. As you are now, you'll serve the Legion with distinction. However, a few things have changed this year that did not exist last year.

1. The FX Helmet (not the armor, just the helmet) is no longer acceptable for Deployed Status.

2. Your backpack could slide. I may defer to the XO or Deployment Officer on that. Ideally, it needs to be very similar, if not exact in design to the original back packs. At this juncture, I'm willing to let it slide until the wording in the current Deployment Charter is more specific.

3. Your MG-34, while fine for a scratch-build, should also have the T-tracks down the barrel for a more accurate appearance. I know this has been overlooked for years by many people, but by today's standards, it's really no different than welding a Sterling without T-track.

Please don't let these things discourage you. You are more than welcomed to stay here at the MEPD.

I will be getting a cannon Lewis Gun sometime late next month. That will replace the MG-37 you see in the pictures. I won't be getting a new helmet anytime soon, so I guess I missed the boat.

So, I guess I need one of the "A New Hope" helmets, eh?

2. Your backpack could slide. I may defer to the XO or Deployment Officer on that. Ideally, it needs to be very similar, if not exact in design to the original back packs. At this juncture, I'm willing to let it slide until the wording in the current Deployment Charter is more specific.

I concur. The field pack makes the armor.

I will look into getting an "A New Hope " helmet. Like I said the Lewis gun will be completed by next month. If the backpack will 'slide', then I'll leave that alone. A few years ago I had one that was more canon, but it was too heavy. So I sought out something "lighter".

Thanks for your input and I truely respect your high standards.

Brent

TD 1044

Okay, I will be upgrading and trying for deployment again. I recently purchased a more canon backpack. I will also be getting a canon Lewis Gun sometime within the next 4 to 6 weeks to replace the MG-34 pictured here.

Then I will save up for a new helmet that's more canon.

I'd like to get a better ab-plate. Does anybody know where I can buy a canon sandtrooper ab-plate?

Thanks for your consideration.

Brent

TD 1044

i was gonna mention the holster and sterling.

that pack is fantastic looking. did you design it?

yea, I'll get rid of the holster and sterling. The pack was designed by a friend of mine on the east side of Michigan, near Detroit. I'm getting a new one that's more screen-accurate so the one you see here in the pictures will be for sale soon!

TD 1044

actually noted that the e-11 is allowed per the list on the "what it takes" page. so now im confused. either way, looking awesome!

To clarify (and sorry for the confusion) going forward, the E-11 will be allowed for Deployment. Just not the holster.