Master Replica's Helmet CE

MHenry

What Paul said! I bought two of them and they look pretty damned good considering I paid $90 a piece for them.

There is NO EXCUSE not to dump your FX buckets troops, unless your melon is HUGE that is!

And I even challenge that huge mellon concept. I've *heard* about this, but in person, never. Everyone who's made that claim bla bla bla when we break out the various helmets during a get together (AP, TE2, MR CE, RT, ANHv2) lo and behold we always find one that fits the guy, even with fans/vox installed.

Whale oil lamps I tell ya! Proven technology going back thousands of years - this new fangled 'lectricity is too hard.

And I even challenge that huge mellon concept. I've *heard* about this, but in person, never.

Well, I'm here to tell you it's true, but only because I wear glasses. I own a TM and one of these MR CEs and I can't put either one on with my glasses on under it. FX, no problem, but nothing else that I've found. I usually troop blurry these days. Hey, maybe that's why I can't ever hit anything with my blaster!

That I can accept. I've seen some folks with glasses (even 6' folks) get an RT to work, though I've never been able to myself. I wonder if there are tips/tricks to making this work?

There eare two tips/triks I can think of right now...

LASIK or CONTACT LENSES (for the vast majority)

I had LASIK done about 8-9 years ago and went from 20/400 (ACK!!) to 20/15 (better than normal!) and have NEVER regretted it!! (BTW- Paul, I can see your house from here in Woodburn... clean out your gutters man! )

The costs of LASIK these days is less that HALF of what I paid "back in the day" and I'm not even factoring in the currency inflation factor! It was over $3,000 when I did it, now you can have it for about $1500 or less! Adjusting for inflation that would make it even less in today's money!

If you can afford a decent set of armor and kit, you can afford LASIK or contacts...

OK... THAT was WAAAY off topic... I'm done!

Buy this bucket if you are on the FX boat... SERIOUSLY!!

• 3 months later...

So all in all, you guys think the CE is better than the FX bucket? Does anyone have a list, or a how-to diagram to mod the CE to be more TD accurate? And last but not least, was it ever decided if the MEPD would accept it?

Also, does anyone know what stickers fit the CE helmet's teardrops,etc.?

It's pretty easy to hand paint them. That's the way the originals were done. Give it a try!

I did a video review on my website at costumebot.com wherein I list the big mods that need to happen and show this helmet alongside my TM.

Ok, I'll deffintly check it out! I remember you from your How-To on how to suit up actualy, I need to thank you for that realy nice video. :)

On a sidenote, just bought a CE bucket. Long story short(sorta), I didn't win one that went for $80 last week, they usualy go for about $100. I had decided to buy one flat out from Redford Films for $90, and grabbing some POTC stuff I wanted as well to save on shipping, but never did. I thought about it, and decided I wanted to grab some pouches first.

So fast forward one week, I lost the bid on my pouches, and was feeling bored. I checked the CE Helmets I had been whatching, and noticed one was ending in an hour or so. So I left and whatched some TV, walked in here, typed $65 into the bid bar, expecting to be out bid soon, I wasen't going to go over $70. And 2 mins later won the auction, I totaly, seriously didn't plan on winning. So I went from $30 shipped pouches, to $65 helmet. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine today from a guy on the RPF

$82 shipped

I figured for that price, how could I go wrong

I will do the mods that have been mentioned already & probably do a few of my own ;)

so, here's a few clearer FX comparison pics for you

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

So lets see, I won mine off of Ebay, but from RedfordFilms, what, the 7th of August. Sent payment within 3 or so days. Waited a week. Waited 2 weeks. Started emails once a day for a week. FINALY got an automated reply saying he'd be out untill the 3rd of Septemeber, so I dropped him one final email for when he got back he could reply to. 3rd goes by. So I email him again a few days later, and he tells me he never got my payment. I told him I sent it a month ago. A few days go by. I drop him yet another email asking him if he found it, if he didn't I'd cancel it, and after I emailed him later that night, he sends me one back saying that he had found it, and that it would go out soon. Well, I finaly got it yesterday.

So now I need to start the moding, starting with the horrible frown "paper mesh" and the eyes. Then onto the front seam, and then the tube stripes and grey areas. B) Only took a month to get to me, but I got it.

Just do what ya wanna do bro. As i can see you look very great. And if ya really wanna go for accurated don't buy a FX armor ! Buy the correct pauldron, etc, etc !

Keep up the good work bro !

Grtz RAY

I agree..but if your budget can only get you an FX, go for that then. But bear in mind that the rules are changed for getting deployed at the MEPD and that the FX is no longer accepted.

But the MRCE helmet, once modified will do the trick.

I agree..but if your budget can only get you an FX, go for that then. But bear in mind that the rules are changed for getting deployed at the MEPD and that the FX is no longer accepted.

But the MRCE helmet, once modified will do the trick.

Indeed bro...also i started with a FX ! As time is running by you wanna go for more accurated indeed. But it took me time also to save $ for that. Just move on with ya great work 2719 ! And post some pics of ya full armor soon :)B) !

Grtz RAY

• 10 months later...

I still see a few MRCE helmets on ebay..but hard to find in any stores. I assume the supply is limited and running out? Redford films no longer has them. Average in the box ebay price seems to be approx $120-130 nowadays??

keep looking

I got my first one for $75 plus shipping, and my second for $90 shipped

both were on forums, (RPF and FISD) so always look there before the ebay route

sometimes you can also trade for them on the forums.