JDRF Walk, Siesta Key Beach, FL

Wolfie

We walked Saturday the 15th for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. It was an absolutely amazingly perfect day for it as well. The beach was gorgeous. (except for near the half way / turn around point there were lots of dead sea urchins )

Two sandies made it out into our element And I am reasonably sure we met if not beat our 1000.00 team goal (the team goal site wasnt counting the individual totals towards it for some reason) I know I beat my 100.00 goal and made 220 in online and 15 in off line donations.

Here are some pictures of the event! (some day I will have a backpack and be fully deployed :( ) I have the black pauldron on for this one. Sorry about the places my hair came out, lost the hair tie during a helmet removal somewhere near the end of the walk lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

aftermath!!

Posted Image

(my bf is the scout in the middle of the front row)

entire album is here:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/akan...ch%2015%202008/

Well done troopers!!! As my sig banner says, I have Type 1 diabetes, so I can say thank you for walking for the cause. I know we have many garrisons and squads doing JDRF walks this year, and I am hoping to get some form of National Updates to include all the 501st troopers and their walks in some of the JDRF Publications.

If you can, I would really like a few pics and some info on how the day went. If you are willing to shoot me a PM with anything (maybe a small snipit), I would really appreciate it. If not, I can always plagiarize your post!!!

Thanks again,

Scott Magerfleisch

Type 1 Trooper

Rocky Mountain JDRF Board of Directors.