My new Hyperfirm MG-34 / transformed to DLT19 COMPLETED!!

Ok questions.

How, and if so do I remove the mold seams shown in the pics. Not bad but wasnt sure if they were removeable.

Then paints, any ideas on colors that best work.

Also once weathered, and DLT-19 items added. Do you spray the entire thing with any type of sealer, or clear coat? Hey also what do I use for the handle for the action. The little nub. any ideas

Thanks

Jay

I am nearly complete I have my stomper speakers coming, a troopercom coming, my Pauldron coming from Seth and everything else is complete. I should be ready by next week I hope and will take tons of pics. Have my first troop coming up at the end of the month so I hope I am prepared.

Regarding the seams.

Ugg, I know something that can help you with this, but I can't put my fingers on it at the moment.

I bought a DC-15 long, and the same question came up. The general consensus (from the um-manufacturer) is that there is no perfect solution.

The rubber of the gun is flexible, so what ever you use to fill and file down with will probably have a different flexibility (Great if you are making a composite bow, not so great for prop guns that are prized for their ability to 'bounce' when dropped.)

He suggested a type of epoxy that was still moderately flexible after it hardened. I picked up a few packs of it, but I just haven't had a chance to try it out. I figured if I was happy with it after trying it on the DC-15, I'd redo my MG-34 with it. But there never seems to be enough time for projects.

I'll look the stuff up when I have a chance this evening, and you can give it a try if you like.

Regarding sealing... I've never sealed mine. I keep tinkering with it, as I learn and try new things.

http://johnbooth.typepad.com/photos/megaco...8/dsc_7410.html

Her name is Betsy, she is my very favorite gun.

Well, news. I took a dremel with small sanding wheel and just smoothed up the off points of the seams. It worked well. I have then built my box for the DLT conversion out of ABS sheeting and have glued it in place.

Coming along well so far.

I used Rustoleum Satin black Fusion paint and painted the entire thing to start with.

Well, news. I took a dremel with small sanding wheel and just smoothed up the off points of the seams. It worked well. I have then built my box for the DLT conversion out of ABS sheeting and have glued it in place.

Coming along well so far.

I used Rustoleum Satin black Fusion paint and painted the entire thing to start with.

Make sure you post pics of your finished work or even progress pics.

Does the rustoleum adhere to the rubber okay? I've always wondered what people use to paint these. When you paint latex masks you have to mix pigment with a latex base so the paint remains flexible. Is the same true of hyperfirms? Will regular paint flake off eventually?

Ok, I will be posting pics as I go along. I am going to try and follow Sci-fires techniques other than using an airbrush for the tedious stuff.

As for the paint, yes the fusion seems to have held up ver well for now. I painted the entire gun Satin Fusion,( for plastic) and then I have used actual gunkote paint to give it the real look of a firearm.

This is an off flat black/gray tone that I use to coat my firearms when I am working one that has been damaged. Seems to work very well.

Will post a pic soon

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Ok, box painted along with stripes by stock.

I tried the weathering part, but dont like the paint I got. I am now headed to Lowes, be back later.

Also going to stop at an airbrush artist friend to get some ideas.

Have to order some T-trax for it. Had some plastic but doesnt look just right for this setup.

I use a alarm in clothes, from a clothes shop.

I think you see these alarms, all over the world.

Looks perfect on .

(i just ask if they got one i can have or buy from them, they don´t use.

She say yeah, but to what use.

When i told her, she smile and think i was a bit crazy too.

Any way, thats how i got mine ).

I am going to Kohls tommorrow to see if I can get the piece you are talking about.

I have completed alot of the weathering. I still have the action portion to add to the gun, and the t-trax. The stock is turning out to be a bear. I have tried the almond first, then the darker wood stain type idea that Sci-fire says but doesnt seem to be working.

I used an airbrush, with silver, and a little rust color to weather. I also used the rag, and a piece of scotchbrite pad to ruff it up a little.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well good news and bad. I stopped at Lowes and got a package of 10 beveled washers, as they didnt sell individual.

I also got them is 1/32" larger than 3/4". As for the security back part from a clothing store. No luck finding, I went to 5 different places and the have all quit using these, and didnt have any.

So I dont have one to show.

I have attached pics of what I have so far again. I have painted the stock, and it looks old, and beat up, sort of like my real Winchester 1873 rifle. Added the brown with a brush and the black highlights with an airbrush. Will hit a little more here and there, as I am not 100% satisfied.

As for the rest, I have to make the slide, action portion out of something??? then waiting on t trax. Weathering is 95% still have some suiting to do.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys. I have just the action part I am working on, headed to the machine shop.

Hey Seth dude....

Anything on the Pauldrons??

Everything is in, except that, then I am ready to get deployed, and then a troop March 29-30 in PA.

Cant wait, I hope...

Jay