Another Avatar Question

solarpickle

I'm tryin to load up my own avatar and maybe I'm a complete friggin idiot, which is HIGHLY likely....BUT, ok, so, if i'm understanding this correctly....to load up your own, you type in a URL where the pic is located at right? Like, a pic in a yahoo photo album, yes? SO, if that IS right, then in the "my profile" section, in the "avatar" section, I'm typing in....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/solarpick ... pg&.src=ph

....which is where the photo is at, but it never comes up. It's 177x270 and is only 15.3KB. Am i not doing this correctly? I can blast Rebels, stomp on Jawas, ride a friggin Dewback across the wastelands, but I can't get a friggin avatar to work.....geez.....

I think your pixel size may be greater than is what is allowed. The following is copied and pasted from the avatar section of "profile"(right below FAQ'S, found up on top of this page) -

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 100 pixels, the height no greater than 100 pixels, and the file size no more than 49 KB.

You said yours is 177x270 - see if a smaller one will work.

Hope this helps -

I use photobucket.com, they give little links for HTML, URL, etc. below each picture. So, if you want to link it you just copy and paste the appropriate link. Might it be that the link you're using isn't specifically to that picture, but rather to the page it's on? I dunno. But there it is, for what it's worth.

• 3 weeks later...