Ammo Pouch attachment

Does anybody have a good suggestion on how to Better attach your shoulder ammo pouch? I've seen them attached to the pauldron before.

I had it duct taped a little high on my backpack strap, but I couldn't turn my head to the left very well.

Any suggestions would be helpful!!

Feel free to PM me.

Total Head Change

• 2 weeks later...

I just took strips of leather, a couple leather rivets, a couple Metal rings, a plastic backpack clip and made my own. I don't always wear my backpack, so it won't be a problem if I need to take the pack off.

This holds it right in place and you barley even feel it.....

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

Based off the Experts around, I attached my shoulder pouch to my Sandpack over the left shoulder. Simple connection, single strap through/under my Sandpack frame and the lower bit goes under my left arm and allows the pouch to sit on my shoulder bell at an angle. Catch is, I can't use it without a Sandpack.

Mods I did to the pouch was removing the angle straps and installing a snap and button arrangement. For attachment to my Sandpack, i used a longer elastic strap with buttons on each end that snapped onto the pouch after securement on the Sandpack.

Here are some pics.

Mods.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's what it looks like after installing/worn:

Posted Image

Hope this helps somehow...

Stay safe.

Tim.

For what it's worth, here's how I attached mine.

I just added an extra piece of strapping to the existing pack strap with one half of a ruck sack clip fixed to that...

Posted Image

Then attached the other half of the clip to a short piece of strapping, then attached that to the back of the pouch....

Posted Image

Clip the 2 together, so it then looks something like this...

Posted Image

This is how it looks when it's all on, I purposely made it a little lower so that I could still turn my head ...

Posted Image

I'm on the far right of the picture

Again, the only disadvantage is, I can only wear the pouch when I have my back pack on, but then I don't troop without the pack anyway, so not a problem for me

HTH

Hey Jason,

The pouch placement looks great! I've got my ammo pouches attached to the left strap of my backpack using a good old commerical-grade snap. And mine hang just a tad lower than shoulder height. To add a little stability, I used a small 1/2 square piece of velcro to secure the end of my pouch to the lower left corner of my pauldron. Since the velcro is black and the trim around my "black pauldron" is black you can hardly tell it's there when I go without my backpack (and minus the ammo pouch obiviously...)

Based upon my research into pouch placement there were no sandtroopers (Episode IV ANH) wearing a pouch unless they were wearing a backpack - the only exception (not counting the CG sandies on dewbacks) was the SE scenes filmed in AZ where the sandies were filmed with their backpacks on but MINUS the ammo pouches. I'm sure if I'm incorrect BraksBuddy will let me know! (smile) Take care. Aloha.

Guns

Hi Guns

The velcro idea sounds pretty good, I do sometimes have a little trouble if I lift my left arm to high (normally after hugging the cuties ) where as the pouch can sometimes get caught up in the shoulder bell, not a major issue, I've tried several different methods of attaching that pouch and so far this is the best method I've found (for me), might give that velcro idea a whirl though

Cheers