The MDK Sandtrooper Backpack Kit coming soon!!!

Jack_bauer

If interested please visit the interest thread at:

http://www.sandtrooper.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=422

TD8034 and I are reinstating the Sandtrooper Backpack Project.

I will be taking over the majority of this project. Feel free to PM or email me with questions.

This thread is for people to reply and show interest in my soon to be released

MDK (Marmit Desert Kit) Sandtrooper Backpack.

this thing will be light weight. Made with ABS, Carbon Fiber, and light weight rubber.

I need to know who would be interested in purchasing one. Please post here saying you are interested in obtainng a kit in the future.

At this timeI am making One Kit that supplies you with the right parts to make two versions:

Version 1: Urban Sergeant

Version 2: Suburban Captain

I am shooting for Mid June to be the time to take orders. there will also be an optional and additional package of bits and peices to "spice up" the pack for those of you that find the Marmit packs a little on the boring side.

I have not come up with a price yet as I am still trying to figure out exactly how much time it takes to produce a full kit ready to ship. Also the countless hours of research, labor of creating the parts to be molded and vacuformed. Not mention the materials to make a completed pack. Don't worry this is NOT going to be three hundered dollar kit. I've seen SpacePacks go for that much.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's a AWESOME undertaking! Having the E-11 & the MG-34/DLT-19 from Sci-fire, I can personally testify on the quality of each. They're both BAD-***!

The MDK/SBP should be DEAD ON TARGET! I am looking forward to the pics! Best of luck! Aloha.

Guns

ePS: I would certainly be interested in obtaining a kit once I peruse the pics!

Greetings Jack,

Here's a pic of the Marmit-style backpack I put together for the midnight premiere of EPIII here in Honolulu.

Aloha.

Guns

Posted Image

My apologies gang!!

The pic I posted is of a "Marmit-style backpack" THAT I assembled using parts obtained from other sources! I didn't mean to mislead y'all in thinking this particular backpack came from Jack & TD8034. (Sorry Jack for "showing-off") =(

The reference to my E-11 and MG-34/DLT-19 was only to comment on the beautiful craftsmanship and outstanding authenticity of the weapon props manufactured by John & Rob @ Sci-fire! If the upcoming backpack is anything like the weapon props produced at Sci-fire, then the MDK backpack should be AWESOME.

I too am anxiously awaiting the pics of the MDK backpack from Jack Bauer & TD8034!

Again my apologies! Aloha.

Guns

Not to hijack your thread but if anyone is interested I have a spacepack

from spacepacks.com if anyone is interested. It has all the necessary

parts and is still new in the box! LMK

AWESOME! Please keep me posted, I am seriously interested in this project.

One question though, I saw the pictures from last year when this project was first started and there were pictures of the assembled pack on a trooper. It looked good but it was at least 1/3 too big. Have these parts, namely the 'pans' been reduced in size to be proportional like the Marmit pack?

the pack you speak of is the one on the top left here. The MDK pack is nothing like this. That pack was the original prototype idea rushed together. it was actualy created to test the Frame. It is a pretty heavy pack and the boxes were made of the boxes for some power drills. nowhere near the same as the MDK boxes. I wore that pack to an event once. After an hour it killed me. The pack on the right is a TK409 pack. The MDK will also be lighter then that.

Posted Image

Here is another version of that pack. Also heavy. The MDK will not be like thse packs.

Posted Image

On another note here is my very first pack ever. Although fun because of the lights I still find it heavy. After about 2 or 3 hours you start to feel it. This is my "dollar store" pack.

Posted Image

This weekend we will be working many hours to get this project complete. I hope to have ALOT more info including price info on monday or tuesday.

I too have quite a few products from Sci-Fire. I help R** and TD8034 over here on the East coast! I too will attest to the quality of their products, and I will be looking to upgrade to this pack. The pack I have now is nice, however, I'm always looking to upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

If interested please visit the interest thread at:

http://www.sandtrooper.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=422

Hi yall. Thanks for the interest. We have figured that this pack consists of about 70 parts or so believe it or not. it takes a long time to make the bucks for vaccuforming. We spent all day last Saturday Just making the Moisture Vaporator Filter. (Master Plunger on the $1 store packs)

We figured this part was one of the MOST important parts on the whole pack. we wanted it to be 100% correct. The sanding involved kicked my butt. LOL. It is made of 14 peices just to make the one peice, to be molded. This will also be the most re-casted part on the pack. I guarentee it. Tisk tisk.

Please look at http://www.sci-fire.com/MDKpack.htm

ALSO with the purchase of the Kotobukia Captain figure we have found the mysterious "Terrick / Sergeant" pack. It only adds more work to the project. For instance the Marmit does not have the popular five tunes on the side like the movie packs. We were going to add them anyway. The Koto pack HAS these. And since the oto Pack was (so they say) created using the marmit, it will still be accurate.

We HAVE decided that there officialy only be one pack. I f constructed correctly you will be able to add and remove parts to create anyone of the packs or your own random pack. it will leave a lot of room for creativity. There will also be an optional "accesories kit" with bits and pieces. To be honest my personal pack will be using all of the accesories from the optional kit.

We do not have a price yet. Mostly because since we are not finished we don't know what the final cost is. We still have to factor in the labor too. Since we dont want to send sheets that people have to trim themselves. All parts will be cut. Some minor trimming might be needed. Many of the parts will be cut, trimmed, AND sanded.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If anyone has any Marmit or Kotobukia figures email me some photos of just the pack. Would help with research.

freemind1013 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

• 1 month later...

Interesting questions:

1. Do you have an estimate time of completion?

2. Will this pack be done thru "runs" or by requests (I know vacuuforming is not a joke either and takes time).

I.E. You'll do a run or two, and you won't do them anymore, or you'll continue to make them after the runs regardless?

I have no rush, of course, due that I have other projects in progress, but to have a "mental calendar" of what to expect to invest later on.

Robert

BH/TK/TB 060

I put a bunch of Koto pics up in my gallery from all angles. Their packs really are the most accurate. More so then the Marimit. the Marmit seems to be a mix between the special edition and original versions with a few of their own things thrown in.