AR-15's screen used?

I took these two photo's from THIS thread (I didn't want to hijack it).

If this topic has been brought up before, please forgive.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Along with the armor in the box is an AR-15 without the front hand guards, no "carrying handle" or rear sight, no pistol grip, and the stock looks to be made up of something.

Has anyone ever seen in a any production photo's, behind the scenes, or any reference books the use of an AR? Or was this pic taken post production years later and the AR is from some other movie? I don't know the origin of the pic, Ive' only seen it here on the MEPD forums.

It would be nice if they were either used or modeled after for other weapons. I've been thinking of using an M-79 and adding a couple of no frills parts as a project to make another TD weapon. I've always liked how the "Blooper" looked and it would fit nicely into a TD's arsenal.

Posted Image

That box looks like a mish mash of all sorts of bits 'n' bobs. You can also see what looks like scout chest armour in there as well.

I dont think that is the gun your refering to. it looks like a rebel commando rifle to me, whatever that was called.

I can tell you that whenever i see that picture i really wish i could have a proper good rummage in it

I dont believe the rebel commando rifle got a designation

General consensus is its a later version of the Blastech A280 as seen sported by some troopers at Echo Base

Since the filming was based in Norway, I guess the props dept utilised local versions of the STG/MP44

By ROTJ, local AR15's (a descendant of the MP44) would have been used.

Love to know the story behind this pic by the way. I can only make out the letters "U.K." on it?