Anh plastic.

Rolf

I think there where made about 56 anh suits, back then around 1976.

About 12 of the helmets was in hdpe plastic (whit white abs plastic ear caps), and stunt version.

The rest of the helmets, 44 was made out of abs.

I don´t know, how many of the abs ones was in the hero version.

But i guess most of them.

Some say there was no abs stunt versions made, some say a few.

I don´t know for sure.

But i think you can see about 30 % of the TK´s in anh, also have the stunt version on.

I think all the body parts, was made in abs.

So my question is:

If you wanna be 100% screen accurate.

You go for a abs all body parts, whit a hdpe stunt version whit abs ear caps.

And only spray paint the helmet white, and leave the body suit/armor parts abs white plastic.

Is that right...

Please share your knowledge brother in arms.

Peace out.

Rolf

Posted Image

Should be .060 Glossy ABS for the suits.

I highly doubt there were any ABS background helmets. None have shown up yet. All HDPE and especially the sandtroopers were for sure. About 6 ABS hero helmets were made I think. And something like 14 tie helmets were made from the hero faceplate mold.

Belts are canvas, holsters leather, straps canvas and elastic, handplates latex.

"Bah da da bah dum dum!"

I think you have the materials for the helmets mixed up Rolf. According to StarWarsHelmets.com there were 50 HDPE background helmets and only 6 ABS hero helmets. There are a couple of pics of background helmets on there, outside of AA's workshop, and I count 27 background helmets which even though they are new, still have paint chips on some of them so they have to be painted HDPE

I am not totally sure that the ABS was gloss for the armour. In many shots, they armour looks dull so I would say it was more like a satin ABS. Not sure if glossy acrylic capped ABS was even available in 1976? From what I can see on the screen, it's very rubbery or maybe they had special stunt suits???? Who knows

Disregard my above "brain fart".

Ok here is what I've found out so far...

HIPS was developed in the 1950's.

The LEGO company changed from cellulose acetate to newly developed ABS plastic for their "bricks" in 1963 (still in use today).

So there we have it, ABS was around during the 70's.

Whether or not that is what was used is still in question. I'm voting for HIPS (for armor) because there are different "sheens" you can get with that material and it seems that ABS is too shiny (just opinion).

Doug

ABS is available in matt and gloss. The ABS I have used was matt on one side and the othet was satin. I formed both sides and the satin looks much more like what is seen on screen.

I'll dig out some screen caps to show you that the armour on screen isn't always glossy. Though most of the time it does look verly glossy, my guess it that is was probably buffed up.

I think you have the materials for the helmets mixed up Rolf. According to StarWarsHelmets.com there were 50 HDPE background helmets and only 6 ABS hero helmets. There are a couple of pics of background helmets on there, outside of AA's workshop, and I count 27 background helmets which even though they are new, still have paint chips on some of them so they have to be painted HDPE

I am not totally sure that the ABS was gloss for the armour. In many shots, they armour looks dull so I would say it was more like a satin ABS. Not sure if glossy acrylic capped ABS was even available in 1976? From what I can see on the screen, it's very rubbery or maybe they had special stunt suits???? Who knows

I did not know they 27 was just backgrounds ones, here on the AA shot.

I know that all the heros was in abs, but i was not sure how many of the stunts was hdpe or if there was a few too in abs.

Thanks for your info once again friend .

Posted Image

Posted Image