TE Helmet done

Wolfie

I've been knocking around with this thing for a while...

I have FX stuff mostly, with a proper Sandtrooper Ab plate upgrade, and I lost the desire to keep the bucket after seeing so many awesome ones at ToRP...

So I bought a TE, it was a little over priced for what I ended up getting since the tubes were a bit warped and extra holes drilled in for installing the ear pieces... I was waiting to work on it until I was sent the freebee trim pieces to make up for the holes. But since they never came (grr) I just gave up and got to work.

Posted Image

I used appliance paint for the white. it was nice and shiny and thick. and it flicks off nicely for making those TD paint scrapes.

As mentioned, it sat this way for a while waiting for parts. So I gave up and bought some myself, and got some hovi-mic tips to go with the speakers I had been saving. I had painted the grill wrong the first time... so that ticked me off enough to stall work for a week or two. Lol, so I xactoed off the grey and it eventually went to this:

Posted Image

The clear coat made the grey on the tears and such turn out a little darker than I wanted, but meh, I'm not doing it again lol.

Installed some screen for the grill and dark green lenses. Wired up the fans and hid the speaker wires a little bit

Posted Image

Then I took the badboy outside and threw dirt all over it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still need some foam or a hat liner in there, then it will be done!

I've been TD for a while, but havent gotten deployed yet, I have my MG34 about 80%, I ran out of fins for the barrel and have a lead on some accurate plastic ones that I am going for, but I may just finish with the wipers first lol

I also have a backpack still being built for me and as soon as that gets done I can finally be MEPD deployed lol.

maybe it will be by Megacon, *fingers crossed*