BFG - Lewis Gun FS - Price Reduced to Below $100

Check with Cushman on price for a built one. It is extra. I imagine similar to the MG-34.

This is an easy gun to build though.

I built mine in two sessions at 2 hours each. Four hours is not too bad. I need one more hour to make the stock wood tone.

I will post pics of mine soon. I weathered slightly differently. I used a gun-metal paint pen, and smudged it after applying it, and in some spots, I tapped it for metallic chips and knicks. Then I used my soot and rust powder weathering kit.

It looks as if it was on Tattooine.

I just need some canvas strapping!

And Dutchy, yes, right over to you on the other side of the pond. PM me for details.

John

Is this going to be offered built up like the MG-34 is? I would definitely interested in getting one after the MG-34, but not really interested in building one up...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at Rocko's pics, I am going to un-wood my wood.

Here are some different angles...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I ordered strap today, and I need to add the two small rings just forward of the corrugated tube, per the screen caps of Rocko (which needs to be replaced with the French Drain-type).

I need to finish the trigger area, add the small two-screw plate that is a supplemental support for the stock (on both sides), and add the oil can to the butt stock.

There may be a couple of things that are different than the other mass produced option, but I feel like we nailed the barrel tip. It is open and it does not have the extra center band... which is not present on the screen grab shown by Rocko!

So, both options are imperfect... but nice nonetheless. It just depends on your budget. I am most proud of this project, and the price of...

$115.00 for a kit is good for our population!

Then I am done... I think.

Well, based on Rocko's pics, the butt stock is black with an oil can. I will add that detail with a Coke bottle top.

Here is the cool thing. So light, a child can hold it...

Posted Image

HAHAHA!!!

So, do you want wood stock or black stock? Look at Rocko's image...

Posted Image

I appreciate the compliments! Also, I may ship mine to Atlanta, troop as a TD for a day, then sell it to anyone who wants it. I may sell my DC-15 too!

I am traveling with a TD suit and helmet and pack and T-21, then a TC Phase One suit and Java helmet with a DC-15 rifle, my Commodore Decker suit and for fun, a red tunic. 4 getups!

Thanks for your kind words Paul!

John

That's looking really tight there John. Your skills are now complete...

The T-21 (Lewis Gun, with several modifications) shall look like so. I have finalized all details I could deduce from the screen grabs...

Posted Image

AND...

BREAKING NEWS: Price Reduction.

Plain Lewis Kit with Pipe – $95.00 (plus $11.50 for shipping in lower 48 states and APO).

Lewis T-21 Kit with Pipe, corrugated pipe, and schematics for gas regulator, and coiled wire – $110.00 (plus $15.50 for shipping in lower 48 states and APO).

E-mail roja2007@comcast.net for ordering information.

A great option for the $100 price range and weighs 2 pounds and 2 ounces assembled.

So light, a little girl can carry it (She is 7 and weighs 50 pounds)...

Posted Image

Johnny

Haha...that will be a day long remembered ! Lekker bakkie en koekie Tante Bep ?

Grtz RAY (Tante Truus )

I heard a rumor about a jawa coming to the netherlands..

Jawa +T21= fun

Tante Bep loves her weapons..

Greatness. Only Daetrin had ordered up until now.

I am still modding mine, but here is an iPhone photo of my Lewis, next to my DLT-19...

Posted Image

I will provide links (and bigger and better pics once completed) to where I got my strapping, and the hoop, on my butt stock, for my sling.

i'll be ordering Friday

I am still modding mine, but here is an iPhone photo of my Lewis, next to my DLT-19...

Posted Image

I will provide links (and bigger and better pics once completed) to where I got my strapping, and the hoop, on my butt stock, for my sling.

i'll be ordering Friday

WOW John! Looking good!

Yeah, had to. I'll TK for the MS Walk we're doing this weekend (not something I want to do in full MEPD kit), but will do crowd control for Emerald City Comic Con and will rock the dirt for that one, so wanted to ensure I'd get my Big Gun by then.

Yours is at my house... ready for assembly!

You need to order a couple of parts. You need to get a rifle sling and a sling hoop for the butt stock.

You can't tell in the pic... I painted the stock gloss black (it is not to be woody), the gun is satin black, the barrel tip has a flat black ring, and I misted it in Stainless steel spray paint, then misted it with an acrylic wash (Grey acrylic with wiper fluid), soot and red/brown rust self adhering powder, and a Silver Leaf pen for worn off looking blueing. I used silver tape for the ejection port.

Call me Paul.

I plan to finish your gun over the next 10 days, then ship.

Yeah, had to. I'll TK for the MS Walk we're doing this weekend (not something I want to do in full MEPD kit), but will do crowd control for Emerald City Comic Con and will rock the dirt for that one, so wanted to ensure I'd get my Big Gun by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Saaaawhhhhhhhheeeeeeeet! Thanks John - will troop with it next month & post photos. Redid my TD rig to replace my leather belt with canvas and fixed up my pouches. Just need to re-weather a bit and I'm set.