BFG - Lewis Gun FS - Price Reduced to Below $100

The BFG/Lewis Gun from schematics (Parts of Star Wars) is done. Plus, screen grabs were used to draw up the final look for the gun.

Posted Image

In my bosses' office...

Posted Image

Close-up of weathered ammo tray and rear sight.

Posted Image

The receiver was made with a computer driven laser-cutter, using CAD-files from converted .eps files that I generated, and it was made with laminated acrylic.

BREAKING NEWS

Price Reduction

Plain Lewis Kit with Pipe – $95.00 (plus $11.50 for shipping in lower 48 states and APO).

Lewis T-21 Kit with Pipe, corrugated pipe, and schematics for gas regulator, and coiled wire – $110.00 (plus $15.50 for shipping in lower 48 states and APO).

You may order here: roja2007@comcast.net OR

order here --> http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/T21page.html

So, it is now under $100 for this gun. It is quite impressive, easy to assemble, and light as a feather... yet very sturdy!

Get on the "Order Train" – I made it just for you!

Troop On!

John

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am soo about this it isn't even funny..

couple of questions though...

1. what is the completed weight?

2. is the tip of the barrel open or solid.. I see a side view of the tip. can we get a few extra views??

3. will you sell this as a kit or in completed form?

I love what I have seen so far.. nice work!

I have a quick question. Why did you add a raised section to the cooling shroud (end of the barrel)? I see that the tip has a raised section, but not the segment just before it flares out. From the sloping segment to the end it looks like it should just be one continuous surface, the only difference being a textural one. Does that make sense? Here are a couple of pics from the manual to show you what I'm talking about (part 90 in Plate 2-the second pic).

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have seen an actual Lewis in person AND I have seen a Sci-Fire in person (and they took some liberties, most likely to protect them from duplication). I am also doing to same. You know, a quarter of an inch here, and eighth of an inch there, a slightly raised (______) somewhere, as to alert us when we are being copied... It makes the gun 97% accurate, but 100% my interpretation... and still, easily recognized by pro-level TDs as a Lewis gun.

As what you mentioned... It is both textural AND slightly elevated on that tip section. Due to the available knowledge, at the time I made the schematic, I had limited visual resources. But, that all said, It will be a good solution once copies are being made.

The vac-forming process also loses a slight amount of detail (and depth), so this raised area on the cooling shroud tip is perhaps 1/16" an inch and should just give enough of an impression for it to not lool like a toilet pipe gun. Additionally, the acrylic prototype parts help me to gain back some of the softness... that the anti-Cushman people tend to focus on.

Well, the gun should be at least as good (probably better) as this gun...

Posted Image

Thanks for the pics... too bad I did not have them earlier. Guys will just have to settle on a gun like what I showed in the pics I posted January 22nd.

Later Guys!

John

I have a quick question. Why did you add a raised section to the cooling shroud (end of the barrel)? I see that the tip has a raised section, but not the segment just before it flares out. From the sloping segment to the end it looks like it should just be one continuous surface, the only difference being a textural one. Does that make sense? Here are a couple of pics from the manual to show you what I'm talking about (part 90 in Plate 2-the second pic).

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The gun is assembled and is, in my opinion, nicely-made. It has been shipped to Cushman, and he has made a duplicate. That duplicate is en Route to me and should arrive Saturday. I will finish it up and take pics and post them up by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am quite pleased with the end result... it took a lot of work, and more than one person was involved. I want to thank Patrick, Charles (Woodchuck), Edward, and also the patience you guys are showing about this upcoming product. I wish I could have gotten it done sooner, but it should be in full production by next week based on orders.

THIS IS A KIT. IT REQUIRES LIGHT SKILLS AND ABILITIES. If you put together a sand trooper suit, this kit should be a snap.

I showed Paul, the XO of this forum, the picture of the kit parts. But, I do not want anyone to see it until I paint and weather one up. It is just a matter of days.

Patience my friends... soon.

Yup, I saw the pix. I think for $100 it's hard to go wrong. Even if you have an HF or scratch built already it makes a nice secondary BFG to have for cons/parades.

If you're a trooper on a budget, I think it will be a welcome addition to the list of available weapons.

The pix I saw were similar to what's above, so it seems this can be broken down easily for transport too.