My New Temp Sandtrooper "Brakpack" Ver 1.0

Art Andrews

Up until now, I have been wearing a pack that was lent to me by Dave Gielda (thanks, Dave!), but finally built one for myself. This pack is a bit of a hybrid, constructed from GINO parts, TE parts, and parts of my own making. Even the parts from GINO and TE have been modified. Very little was left stock. Because these parts came from different sources, and because there is so little good reference (and please, don't get me started on the supposed accuracy of the Marmit pack...) this pack is not screen accurate by any stretch but it is based on and supposed to resemble the pack that "Davin Felth", the Look Sir--Droids! trooper wears in ANH. I did the best I could to align and attach everything as accurately as possible to that pack.

Because this pack and many of its components are not sized accurately, I have already begun a second pack that will hopefully be better, but in the meantime this one will do. I have learned a TON from the experience and can't wait to get into the next pack and apply all that I learned and now know! In the meantime I hope you like this one! As always, comments and constructive criticism is welcome although I can just about guarentee that I can pick out more things that are wrong than anyone else.... :lol

I'd like to quickly thank GINO, CRPROPS, TE, Dean O, and TK-412 (Seeker) for all their help with this!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the pack unweathered compared to weathered. I tried to make the weathering a bit more subtle than the last time as very little weathering is visible in the movies. I didn't want to give it the "dirty for the sake of being dirty" look. As you can see, my hands got a bit "weathered" as well...

Posted Image

Here is the new pack compared the to the previous pack which is a GINO Ver 1.0 which was made YEARS ago, long before the marmit pack came out and everyone started using it as ref.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

To date Braks has one of my favorite packs. (and his Gino suit is AWESOME)

There has been some arguments about if this is the Davin Design or Terrick. Kotobukia makes a version of this design:

Posted Image

Although Marmit and Kotobukia have some great packs, they are only "close" to movie accurate.

Of course there is no perfect photo of the movie packs, there are enough photos out there to show enough to make on semi-movie accurate.

I'd have to say the Marmits (there are 2) are the closest. As a matter of fact the Captain Marmit is the closest I've seen. And this will be one of the designs for my MDK pack coming soon.

here is the drawing of it......

Posted Image

Since the movie packs were poorly constructed (some duct taped together) we decided to follow the old proverb "Just because they made crap in the movie doesn't mean we should make crap" but to make a nice sturdy pack with many interchangable parts.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the compliments. Davin wears the "Kotobukia" design throughout most of the movie as can be seen here:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/davin/davin_backpack.htm

However, for whatever reason, he and Terrick have swapped backpacks in all the promo stills. Where the heck were the continuity experts for this film???

Gimme a break Josh! That's simple, Vader got a new suit with longer legs, longer arms, a longer torso, bigger head, and a shiny new barrel-chest! Duh! I mean come on, he's the freakin dark lord of the sith! He can do whatever he wants! (previous statement is sarcastic and intended to be humorous) You just don't like the idea of a 5'11" vader, that's all. Well, too bad! Because here I come!

• 3 weeks later...