ok stupid question time about mp40 pouch mounting......

The ONLY MP38/40 pouch I currently have came already attached (riveted) to the bottom left corner of my black pauldron. Sources I've seen recommend attaching one to you backpack strap and one (or both if you desire) can be attached on your belt.

A friend of mine emailed several photos of some of the sandtroopers in the Tunsia desert in 1976. Several different pouches can be seen in the photos. Based on that info (and his recommendations) I'm choosing to wear a MG-42 ammo pouch on my left side (contains my hyperdyne voice amp) and a G-3 ammo pouch on my right side (containing my RadioShack speaker).

If you're interested I'll send you a G-3 pouch. They're green so's ya gots to paint/dye em black. I've got extras so just PM me if you're interested...(just cover the postage!)

Take care & aloha.

Guns

these pouches are for the sides instead of drop boxes. I have a different kind of pouch for the pauldron, and no I have no idea what it is. 30 carbine clips fit into it. Oh and I cut out a small spot on the little extra side pouch that is on one of the two mp40's pouches, put black screen on it and that's where my amp fit perfectly.

Thanks guys!!

Katt

p.s. what does a G-3 pouch look like anyhow?

Sorry gang,

The Pacific Outpost Hawaii crew and I had a television interview with a photo session this afternoon so I was unable to post a picture until now.

The ammo pouch on the left is the German-made (repro) G-3 pouch and the pouch on the right is the "authentic" German-made MG-42 ammo pouch.

Like I told Katt, these G-3 pouches come "green" so I spray-painted mine flat-black. My offer still stands: I got a few extra (G-3) so PM if you're interested -- just pay for the shipping & handling! Take care & aloha.

Guns

Posted Image