I'm back

SkalenFehl

I've been on a bit of a hiatus but I'm looking at being a part of the gang again as I was previously briefly. Most of you probably don't even remember me.

Anyway, I have been a TK for the longest time and am repainting my armor to look a little better. I have the FX armor, though I wish it was TE. Oh well. Anyway, I've been scouring the other posts in search of what will qualify for TD status on the legion. Right now aside from a dirty set of armor, an orange shoulder pauldron and shoulder pouches. Am I set for a TD application with the Legion.

Hoping to catch up with old friends and make more new ones. I'll share some pics asap. Peace!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Back again from the dead. Been so busy with work and what not. Today, I've actually begun modding. I'm now cutting holes in the mouth ready to paint and add mesh underneath. Woohoo! I've also had a pack for almost a year and I'll finally be working on it as well.

Looking forward to someday owning a big gun!

Welcome back, but are you going to stay around this time?

I'm certainly going to try. On top of domestic life (wife and family) I own a business and am very busy. I'm also active in my garrison, legion and another detachment forum. Some of you might know me better for my Jango costume. I've had my TK armor longer, but have finally begun to work on it to make the final transition to TD. It's been dirty for over a year, but still needs work to be worthy of MEPD. It takes long to make everything as perfect as possible. Wish I had the more accurate TE or SDS but after spending over two grand on Jango, one overpriced costume is enough.

Also been trooping a lot in my armor. I made a bit of a spoof out of a recent event supporting that Free Comic Book Day, if anybody heard about it...

TD transferred from Tatooine to Earth:

Trooper TD-4246 is assigned to the Free Comic Book event in Layton, Utah.

"In the name of the Empire, give us all your credits!"

Posted Image

He discovers sarsparilla root beer for the first time. Unbeknownst to him, the bartender spikes it with some whiskey. TD-4246, somewhat tipsy, feels the woes of his job as a ruthless killer for the Empire and seeks to make amends and shows his true feelings. TD-3129 shares remorse and they end up drinking more Sarsparilla than they can handle.

"I love you, man!"

Posted Image

Too bad he can't see straight.

"I love you, tree!"

Posted Image

"I love you, frog!"

Posted Image

"I love you, cement column!"

Posted Image

"I love you, fake indoor palm tree!"

Posted Image

"I love you, Wolverine!"

Posted Image

"I love you, Smoothie guy!"

Posted Image

Yes, TD-4246 finds redemption on earth and vows to continue helping them. Just as soon as the Sarsparilla wears off.

• 4 months later...

So a friend of mine who is likely to soon become MEPD came over today and we worked on a lot of mods to my armor. If it wasn't for him, I'd take infinitely longer with my hectic schedule.

So...accomplished today was snaps, rivets and a cool harness system for my back pack. All that's left is shims and attaching the sniper knee and ab plate. Afterwards, I'm going to do the final dirtying up. Still going to improve the backpack a little.

I'll get pics up sometime soon. (Yeah right, look how long it's taken me to get to this point!)

Thanks!

I am curious about one thing. What is the ratio of FX armor to TE/ANH at MEPD? I feel inadequate about not having the more accurate looking armor, but alas, I haven't hit the jackpot yet!

I have, however, been able to fit into an ANH set, which belongs to my good friend:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmm, thats a good question. You should not feel inadequate about your armor, regardless of brand. Many people are upgrading to TE/TM/AP suits, however we are still in the minority. Legion overall I'd probably say 10% or less wear ANH styled armor at this point. You fit into it quite well though! If you long for that type of suit my advice would be to get your FX suit totally strapped and ready to wear and ebay it and include a cheap undersuit and a hasbro blaster. You can probably sell that for about what you'll pay for an ANH style kit, then you just have to put that one together. Sweat equity is a good way to upgrade a suit if you don't have the money to buy a new one outright. Also, a number of people simply upgrade the helmet, which is also an option.

• 1 month later...

Can you show me a pic, please? I'm also wondering if all you MEPD troopers have matching pouches. I don't suppose it matters if the next one I buy matches the one I have. Mine has three pouches and has a sort of reptile texture.

This is an old pic. Still doing upgrades like shoulder straps, etc. Once you click the link you can click on it again to enlarge the image.

Posted Image