How to - Secure the pouch(s)

I've been looking for, thinking about, figuring out, the different ways to attach your pouches? Does anyone have any good tips/tutorials. I've got some ideas, but before I go down a path I don't want to... I figured I would see what others did.

I'm looking for info for both the shoulder and the hip pouches. How do YOU wear them?

For the shoulder pouch, I have it riveted to my backpack strap, and as for the hip ones, I cut two lenghs of webbing the width of my belt and riveted the webbing straps to the back of the pouches! so they can be removed if needed!!

hope that helps

My idea and I am working on,is to make rubber straps with snaps that go from the underside of my armor to the pouch. That would allow em to be removed, and hide the attachment. The back armor will have the snap for the top of the pouch and the chest will have the snap for the bottom.

I used thin car bungie to strap my armor, allows for movement, where velcro didnt. I am a snap guy. secure and clean. Ill post up pics when im done.

I took a few inches of nylon webbing and added snaps to both ends. It's like a bracelet that snaps together.

You just put it through one of the loops of your shoulder pouch, and then around the left shoulder part of your chest piece. It's as easy as that.

Backpack or not, it's there and doesn't move around. Nothing's permanant, and I can change pouches if/when I want.

I like the sound of this, do you have any photos of your set-up?

I took a few inches of nylon webbing and added snaps to both ends. It's like a bracelet that snaps together.

You just put it through one of the loops of your shoulder pouch, and then around the left shoulder part of your chest piece. It's as easy as that.

Backpack or not, it's there and doesn't move around. Nothing's permanant, and I can change pouches if/when I want.

I bought messenger bag strap pads from Timbuk2 and put one on each of my pack straps. I sewed a short piece of elastic between my pouch and the left side pad and I was done. The pads wrap around the straps with velcro closures so the one with the pouch is easily removable but secure (and more comfortable) when worn.

mine is on the strap of my backpack, attached with a quick clip.

i don't have any photos, and my pack is torn apart right now.

but i took a quick clip and threaded 1 side of it through the strap on the backpack... i used the side designed to adjust the strap length, so it holds its position on the strap well.

the other 1/2 of the clip is riveted to a small loop of webbing on the back of the pouch.

this lets me shift the pouch up or down, which is useful if someone else is wearing it... i've let other people where my TD a couple of times.

My idea and I am working on,is to make rubber straps with snaps that go from the underside of my armor to the pouch. That would allow em to be removed, and hide the attachment. The back armor will have the snap for the top of the pouch and the chest will have the snap for the bottom.

I used thin car bungie to strap my armor, allows for movement, where velcro didnt. I am a snap guy. secure and clean. Ill post up pics when im done.

That's what I did. It is a very small loop of elastic strapping with a snap on it. I run it through the loops on the back of the pouch and then through the shoulder strap on my upper chest and it works like a charm. It's removable and does not depend on the backpack strap being there.