Radio Box????

I have heard 3 or 4,502 different things.. I heard that it was a WW2 German field radio...A WW@ Japanese "Betty" (aircraft) radio that was mounted on the side of the cockpit.... and that the costume peeps threw it together at the last second cause old father george told the, it looked bare...

Tell you what, I am going to be working on getting a contact who is constantly in and out of the Skywalker Ranch area.. Not sure it will work, but got a lead I am going to work on... Maybe we can get some verification one way or the other..

• 5 weeks later...

Not so sure about the German WWII Field Radio. They look pretty much like this:

Posted Image

The Betty cockpit is an interesting idea. But I've researched that already. Looking at 100s of cockpit photos. Unfourtunatly These are the only Betty (G4M1 and G4M2) cockpit pics I can find:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And looking at other cockpits I see this radio box is very possibly FROM an aircraft: ("Tony" shown here)

Posted Image

Some close call is this 20's style CL 4566 Field Radio- But unfourtunatly it is a modern "retro" radio that I cannot find the original of:

Posted Image

Posted Image