My rubber MG-15

Hello, this is tk1389 I know I posted this a long time ago, and can't find the original post, but finally!!!

I have been clone-ing around for the past year or so in the CT.net boards LOL.

Since I have learned soooo much in the past few years "thank you and you know who you are that have showed me some tricks and ways of the force"

No one has this beautiful weapon offered in rubber, or do they? But I purchased this MG-15 fully loaded, almost 3 years ago, I did get some pointers way back then, but after reading and some hands on playing with different types of materials. I finally can get this project dusted off and finished.

First off, it took me a long time to find the right material to make the MG- 15. I have been tinkering with several types of foams, and FINALLY I'm exited about the material we are going to use. It is a special blend of 11 Herbs and spices LOL. Just kidding, it is a special blend of chemicals, and you will be content and happy with the product as I am. You can't compare it to resins as this will not break or cracked if dropped, it is a strong rigid self skinning foam, and to make sure the skin is not too thin, we have taken precautions by pre-skinning with a flexible dense polyurethane rubber that will adhere to the poly foam.

This is the 4th pull, you don't want to see the first three…but this one turned out great and I am very content and pleased with the pull. I will be pulling several ones in the next couple of weeks. I need to re mold the drum so once that is ready, I will have them available.

I don't have the cash to purchase the scopes that will make the MG 15 the Sand Trooper's heavy blaster, but I do know of a guy that has them.

Please let me know what you think. And Ill keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hey thanks,

I was working on the clone helmets for the past year or so, and had to put this project aside. But as it was sitting, I was still thinking about it and spent plenty of hours testing different foams till I found the one I was happy with, that just happened about 3 weeks ago. Then I started to test it on the mold and finally last week, I got help here and was able to pull a few tests till this one came out. This is the 4th pull, and Im really happy with it.

Thank you and will keep you posted. Thanks.

here are some pictures, I painted the mg today

Posted ImagePosted Image

great job. as much as i like my scratch built MG-15, a detailed rubber version would be ace.

I'm curious as to whether it's possible for it to be reduced down in to seperate parts like a kit and then re-assembled or adaptable in some way to be able to do this as the replica gun ban here in Blighty has put a dampner on importing.

this can be gotten round by shipping it as a kit, in seperate packages mind you.

Any thoughts?

Very nice weapon. Will be nice to see the finish version.

All of you THANKS!

This is the finished gun, I only have one made and will be working on the drum this weekend. Ill post pictures of the mg15 once I have the drum attached to it.

BTH today I went shopping, and bought enough armatures to make 12 of them.

keep U posted

this lovely MG-15 of youres, i really like to own.

Can you please pm me a price.

Can you ship to Europe/Denmark.

Is 100% that you will not make the scope, so the weapon will be complete.

Best regards from here buddy.

Rolf

Rolf

Out of the US, I don't know how that will work, I will check on that for you

as for the scopes, A friend of mine and my self are looking for some but for now, no scopes and if I do find them, I will offer them as a “conversion KIT”

as for the price, I still need to figure out all the material used etc… but I will keep the price low

BTW ideas as to how much you all think this should cost???

Help me out, on the pricing with no scopes. I will factor in the scope price later as I did “C” some one offering them some time back, but I can’t seem to get an email to him. It has come back as an invalid email

Rolf

Out of the US, I don't know how that will work, I will check on that for you

as for the scopes, A friend of mine and my self are looking for some but for now, no scopes and if I do find them, I will offer them as a “conversion KIT”

as for the price, I still need to figure out all the material used etc… but I will keep the price low

BTW ideas as to how much you all think this should cost???

Help me out, on the pricing with no scopes. I will factor in the scope price later as I did “C” some one offering them some time back, but I can’t seem to get an email to him. It has come back as an invalid email

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I´m still very into your mg-15 here.

If you can´t ship out of us to europe, i got friends in other us states there can ship it out to me.

Please let me know eny up dates on this sweet baby of yours.

Peace.

Rolf

If you can´t ship out of us to europe, i got friends in other us states there can ship it out to me.

Peace.

Rolf

"Read you Lima Charley"

Peace.

Rolf

"Read you Lima Charley"

Copy that, by the way... Love your photobucket picture of Leia

Peace.

Rolf

"Read you Lima Charley"

Copy that, by the way... Love your photobucket picture of Leia

Me 2

When I posted it, will be nice to see the finished version. Sorry guess i didn't say it right, meant seeing it all done with drums and scopes...

I though I posted this yesterday, but I guess I forgot to send the post.

But I did purchase a set of scopes, (link removed, no longer exists) about a year or so. I will put the scopes together, and I will pull the drum tonight and put it together in the next couple of days and post some pictures.

Now I don’t have a set of my personal scopes, and I will NOT recast the set I have. So as for now the mg will only be offered as the mg 15 “GUN AND DRUM ONLY”. I have no scopes available to cast for now. Once I do get them I will offer them, but for now get a set from the link above if he is still offering them K.

Thanks.