HyperfirmX Electrobinoc Run In Progress. For Sale Section

Well, I recently got an electrobinocular kit that I bought and I was not very pleased. It came in two halves that won't match up properly and there is a ton of clean up on them to make them usuable.

We have a real set of Simrad binocs that we will use for measurements. We will be making a master to match the Simrad. We purchased the Revell visible V8 model kit to get the greeblies. We will be making a very accurate set of Electrobinoculars in HyperfirmX rubber.

This is the first product that we will be testing the new material on. HyperfirmX is more durable and a higher density rubber than it's predecessor. We will embed a stainless steel strap loop into the rubber so that a leather strap can be attached without fear of tearing. These will not be hollow but should be fairly lightweight as with all Sci-fire products.

This will be a fast tracked project and Slavefive will be the point-of-contact if you have any questions. The target price will be $200 shipped to the lower 48 continental US states.

We can ship to other states and countries but shipping costs will apply. We will not sell any until they are cast and in hand.

Progress pictures will follow within in the next few days.

{SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif

I'm excited about this project. I've been wanting one for a long time.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We purchased the Revell visible V8 model kit to get the greeblies. We will be making a very accurate set of Electrobinoculars in HyperfirmX rubber.

Actually,

The one we bought is the RENWAL

even more old school, it's from 1960

I am scratch-building a prototype off of a CAD converted Lightwave file. Me and a friend will be offering a hollow, vac-formed option in a few weeks.

Stay Tuned.

Expect price to be under $19.99. It will be light as an air biscuit.

Dude,

you gotta be friggin' kidding me.

I could not resist. I think my next project will be a radio box for backpacks... if that is OK with you guys!

Try it!

I sculpted it three times and improved upon it each time, then a buddy of mine improved upon my sculpts by re-making it in MDF and cut styrene. We added custom fab knobs and toggle switches which are widely available and BAM! You got a great radio box. Check it...

Posted Image

OK, thread back on topic...

Nice tangent Mike!

This is very close to what I have...

Posted Image

Just need to get the primary Kitty trays coupled. Thanks for the tips.

John

I could not resist. I think my next project will be a radio box for backpacks... if that is OK with you guys!

Try it!

I sculpted it three times and improved upon it each time, then a buddy of mine improved upon my sculpts by re-making it in MDF and cut styrene. We added custom fab knobs and toggle switches which are widely available and BAM! You got a great radio box. Check it...

Posted Image

OK, thread back on topic...