The Cushman Review (MG34 Version 2 (Deluxe)

I'm at work right now but I received the MG34 today. Just so everyone knows I'm completely in the dark about Hyperfirm's customer service or their products so i am not comparing anyone and i don't think anyone should be allowed to respond about this thread with anything other then my rating on Cushman. This is an unbiased report on my dealings with Cushman:

I'll start with the communication and shipping time. I placed the order on September 11 for http://home.comcast.net/~roja/283.html with http://home.comcast.net/~roja/200.html and requested it get to me before Halloween. The pictures seem pretty clear so i can really compare

the end result to the product I receive. Here is an email to correlate with my shipping request:

We are averaging 3-4 weeks right now on any out of stock items so yes it would be there before Halloween. We are always happy to try to make sure we meet a buyers deadline date so if you do order it we will make sure its there in time.

C.C.C.

He then followed up with after i made the purchase:

Thank you for your purchase. I have noted the work order to make sure its out in time for you.

C.C.C.

and this was sent on 10/18:

Chris, I have your New version Mg34 with the working bipod going out tomorrow, I will email you the USPS info once it has left here. We ship USPS 2-3 day priority mail so it will be there before your Halloween asking date, thanks.

C.C.C.

it should also be noted that I had no problems with communication and he also provided me tracking and everything

As far as communication goes, he's VERY dependable with same day responses.

In addition he met the deadline i asked him for.

As far as the product goes I have to wait till i get home to take some pictures and I'll take a look so stay tuned!

Ok i finally got all the pictures taken of the Cushman MG34. For the price i paid, i am VERY happy with what i got. This is not a real gun and i still had my landlord fooled(luckily she still said icould live here ). Now going off of pictures i've seen of the real MG34, the details are really good. Are there some soft spots? Of course. It may not be %100 a real gun but i am impressed with the workmanship. Now mind you, i brought this complete, pre painted and with a working bipod. The guy actually recommended getting the non working one and said he doesn't like it himself and will replace it for me for free). He also went on to say that he's goign to post on his website that he reccomends getting a non-functioning bipod. So i took the pics of what i paid $165.00 for and feel free to comment here or on my flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14990581@N02/

• 2 weeks later...

Just a followup:

During the parade there was a "german general" costume and he came up to me asking where did you get that MG34 from? At which point i told him Cushman and he was amazed by it. In addition to the "German General" a gun buff approached me and said nice MG34! So i felt pretty proud to be rocking out with the MG34!

I also showed it off to Skutch and he can tell you that it really is super light and is very good for trooping.

A lot of people have no idea what the **** an MG34 is but out of all the troopers i saw, i was the only one with a MG34 and the crowd loved my "big gun."

Do not feel bad. There is a DLT-19 option that will be available next week for MG-34 V1 Cushman owners.

Stay tuned. I rebuilt a new barrel for Cushman that is made from 1.25" diameter pipe, it has integrated barrel fins... AND when you add the improved non-functional bipod, what you currently have will look quite a bit better with this new barrel swap.

Pics by next weekend I hope.

That does look a whole lot better than mine V1 good for you!

Presenting a new flavor of Orange...

Posted Image

The DLT-19 by Cushman. It will work with version one guns, or with crafty cutting, it can swap the front 2/3ds of the V2 barrel.

For V1 owners, the barrel and MG-34 bipod can be purchased for $30.00. The whole gun kit can be purchased for $80.00.

http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/ReplicaMg34DLT.html

• 2 weeks later...