Vendor Feedback

Vadersf15t

At one time (i cant seem to find it now) the Sith Lord Detachment had a Vendor Feedback Forum where anyone could discuss who they brought the product from and the quality of the product. I was wondering if the same thing could be done here? I feel that as a newbie on the SLD it helped out A LOT! I really think that this forum could use it too. Is something like this possible? Or better yet (I wouldn't post a poll myself because i don't feel i've been on MEPD long enough and my costume isn't even deployed, why don't one of you post it as a poll question, if the MEPD should have a Vendor Feedback Forum or not.

I hope i dont seem out of line by posting this...

• 1 month later...

If you had a council of objective-minded people (remember, objective is relative) running this evaluation, there would need to be more than one type of benchmarking categories...

Price-to-quaity ratio, 1-to-5, 5 being excellent

Customer satisfaction, do they feel they paid a fair amount? 1-to-5, 5 being excellent

Vendor dependability, can they deliver on time? And do they accept returns? 1-to-5, 5 being excellent

Product dependability, can product withstand a drop from 3' feet? 1-to-5, 5 being excellent

Product accuracy? What is correct and inversely incorrect about the mentioned item? 1-to-5, 5 being excellent

I think one of these benchmarking scales would be great. The only problem, you would need a cross section of old boys and New boys who are current customers with actual buying experiences, and not guys posting random thoughts on a set of low resolution .jpg files posted... or gift recipients.

Also, flame Wars could happen. If you could keep it objective, and it be a cross section of membership on this evaluation board (who are buying customers and not guys who have been gifted items) plus have a multi sectional matrix, then you could have something.

This has been done before (on an individual level AND on this forum), and I have had to rectify some bad press towards a vendor friend of mine... from a very vocal and grumpy fellow that went by the board name "Boingo" and he has seemed to have lost his voice. Many chimed in and said terrible and inflammatory things. Call it opinions, call it whatever, it was a bona-fide flame zone.

Then Boingo stated a picture is worth a thousand words... so, I posted a 3,000 pixel wide image of my personal item of the product being griped on... and sales for this vendor are insane, he needs to hire two full-time helpers now.

Another problem, peer vendors do not need start threads evaluating their peer competition. Here is SciFire evaluating Cushman - http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1043

I suggest you read that one from head-to-toe and see why this could be a risky thing to make in the forum.

I offer an anlogy... I still think peers reviewing peers breaks the code of objectivity. When I finish the monoculars Cushman has asked me to make, and Cushman were to offer one that visually looked 90-95% as good as a Sci-Fire/Hyperfirm monocular... and then I posted a Sci-Fire Monocular Review by Cushman... is that fair? Is that objective? NO, it is not. It is wrong. When what I make as a prototype, and what Cushman could produce... will be virtually identical in appearance, but the Cushman costs 25% of what Scifire costs.

Sci-Fire members' heads would go plutonium.

So, back to the Cushman Blaster Review, I am still of the opinion this thread should be deleted since I could start 5 threads just like it and it would result in a peer war. Frankly, I had to do more damage control on this one topic than any since I joined this group.

But I am not going to to do that. I have agreed not to do that.

Be careful in what you wish for Vadersf15t. I am sure the mods have the wisdom in seeing this is a "What you see, is what you get zone."

If they make an Evaluation Thread, they will utilize the utmost of wisdom since I have faith in them, and respect them.

Troop On!!!

John

Its currently under consideration, I don't see why not but wanted to discuss with the entire staff first.

After some thought I'd have to question the point of the whole thing. We all talk about our experiences anyway and I think it will wind up more of a place to get leads rather than reviews, and like WC said, it might just degenerate into flaming as some threads have in the past. Since only a handful of people make "legit" stuff its best to stick with them and their established rep, instead of "some dude" who can cut you some sort of too-good-to-be-true deal that winds up being some piece o' crap. Ultimately if you see something and want to know the skinny; post it to the board and ask for opinions.