My pack parts from scratch

TK7036

Awesome work! I was looking at this post yesterday for ideas, and was hoping you would update it soon. Thanks!

Johnathan thank you for your patience. Not sure how useful this is for you but will certainly be happy to share ideas with you. Hope to join you as a TD soon!

awesome pack! Now tell me that wasn't fun putting together??? It's really fun going out and finding all the stuff and putting it altogether. how much would you estimate your pack weighs?

Its a mix feeling. Its fun but soo agonizing at the same time because unlike any regular prop project this one you have to cook up your own recipe before you can even prepare the ingredients and cook the dish. I actually carry with me printouts of images from movie and from Mike's library whenever i go in search of suitable parts.

The weight issue is the question I hope nobody will ask. You are spot on the pack was not light when completed. I will weigh it and let you know. If trooping prove to be difficult i might have to replace some parts with Mike's provided he makes them again but that will be much later.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for all the very kind words. I'm glad everyone enjoyed and bothered to browse through the pics.

Mike no way my work be put with yours. Truth is your generous sharing of knowledge has made this possible.

let me know if you still need a piece for your mortor tube...

Hey bro appreciate your help. Seth helped me locate the part so thats been resolved. You can never run out of helpful people in this forum! Thanks!

yeah i knew about the weight thing and i'm about to troop this Saturday. I noticed that if you move the straps it does hep distribute the weight more evenly. Oh man, while i my pack is not as precise or accurate, i can assocate with walking around carrying blue prints. **** i even went as far as asking people "do you carry something that looks like this?" LOL They looked at me like WTF? lol needless to say i wandered off in search for it myself. Seriously though, that is an excellent pack man! Congrats!

I'm surprised and overwhelmed by all the compliements. I'm just a regular guy trying to meet the requirement of an elite sandtrooper and with the support from you guys I know the leaning process down the road will be fun and enjoyable.

Hey Rolf thanks for dropping by. Now that I'm done with the pack its time to focus on a set of new armor and will use your TM as study. So now you become my pinup hero on the wall, any problem?

I'm surprised and overwhelmed by all the compliements. I'm just a regular guy trying to meet the requirement of an elite sandtrooper and with the support from you guys I know the leaning process down the road will be fun and enjoyable.

Hey Rolf thanks for dropping by. Now that I'm done with the pack its time to focus on a set of new armor and will use your TM as study. So now you become my pinup hero on the wall, any problem?

No problem buddy, fire a way.

Rolf

Posted Image

Tk4510,

Thanks but you have a hand in this too through your postings. They are valuble contributions!

Tony,

Wow getting words from the cave-man is really something! You've made my day!

Zac,

Thanks bro! So this is the thing I'm been working on otherwise I would have grapped that pack of yours in the very first instance! Hope it has found a good home now!

You have upped the bar on scratch built packs. Awesowe job!!! i have to rethink mine now!

I'm happy if this could up the level of enthusiasm among fellow troopers to want to try building their own pack. While we wait for the original prop to be uncovered, everybody is still able to scratch-build one with low cost everyday parts yet look quite decent.

Thanks for looking.

• 7 months later...

I'm overwhelmed with the amount of enquires came in and surprised that many troopers are showing interest in building their own backpack.

Just to share with those who are interested, now SethB is offering molded parts for the backpack. It is a rare opportunity so don't miss it.

Thanks for looking!

That has got to be the nicest scratch built pack ive ever seen! ...and its replicating the same pack id like to replicate, since my bucket is already "move along" style. Thats for still having these pics up, it will help me greatly to build my own!..which i gotta get amove on lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

but i cant see some of the pics is it deleted? :blink: ...like how do you build your siphon from,im planning to use elastic t-tracks(if it exists)for the stackers

im sorry,just curious

• 2 years later...

but i cant see some of the pics is it deleted? :blink: ...like how do you build your siphon from,im planning to use elastic t-tracks(if it exists)for the stackers

im sorry,just curious

You can use black cable ties. These are great.