TM suit weathering pictures.

Rolf

I live in NYC too! I'd love to meet another MEPD member. i've only met one person from the 501st and it was this Stormtrooper lady **** i haven even met a sandtrooper yet! im hoping that changes for this halloween as i want to get together with the Empire City Garrison. Listen TD252 hit me up when and if you come back to the Big Apple!

SethB6025 youre over in Philly? ****. i was just there two weeks ago, i had stopped in Eastern State Penitentiary and it was awesome dude and of course stopped in Gino's for some Philly Cheese Steak.

I live in NYC too! I'd love to meet another MEPD member. i've only met one person from the 501st and it was this Stormtrooper lady **** i haven even met a sandtrooper yet! im hoping that changes for this halloween as i want to get together with the Empire City Garrison. Listen TD252 hit me up when and if you come back to the Big Apple!

SethB6025 youre over in Philly? ****. i was just there two weeks ago, i had stopped in Eastern State Penitentiary and it was awesome dude and of course stopped in Gino's for some Philly Cheese Steak.

You got it brother.

It will be more then cool to hang out whit you in the big appel, for a good time.

Love your city, since i was there back in 88.

I have been thinking about moving there.

But its hard to leave family, friends etc.

In my www.nordicgarrison.net we are from the 4 north contrys.

Findland, norway, sweeden and denmark.

Most of the members are danish.

But we do events, in the others contrys too.

I love the brotherhood of it, and hang out for a good time.

Peace out my sandy bro´s

Oooh I went to Gettysburg too, forgot about that!

I just did a two week tour with my ex, we started in Dayton for the 95th Bomb Group USAAF reunion then just picked spots on the map and drove. Amish country was GORGEOUS! I still want to come back to the States and see the South and all the gorgeous Civil War houses that still exist, also want to do New England too, oh and BURNINGMAN festival

getting back to the armor for a bit here:

Amazing work.

makes me rethink what i did to mine actually....

great job. one to look at for inspiration and reference.

Kudos my friend!

Thanks for your kind word mate.

I think its hard to find the right weathering look, accurate vs. personal too.

I hear ya!

i got mine done from watching a new hope, it actually stroke me when found out that my memory had "dirtied" the troopers more than they looked in actuality.

so I based mine a bit on Antony Forrest "these aren´t the droids we´re lloking for" armor.... it actually looks very god as the treatment i did on it got the paint in just the crevices of the armor.

It´s very sutil actually.

i´ll post pics later on for you guys to mess with. I want to know your opinion about getting my armor deployed according to the MEPD standards.

great job again there.

I hear ya!

i got mine done from watching a new hope, it actually stroke me when found out that my memory had "dirtied" the troopers more than they looked in actuality.

so I based mine a bit on Antony Forrest "these aren´t the droids we´re lloking for" armor.... it actually looks very god as the treatment i did on it got the paint in just the crevices of the armor.

It´s very sutil actually.

i´ll post pics later on for you guys to mess with. I want to know your opinion about getting my armor deployed according to the MEPD standards.

great job again there.

Sounds good mate, can´t wait to see your suit.

buy the way, welcome to the board my man

I am pretty new here, but I have been watching your progress, and I have grappled with what level to weather myself.

I have liked the smoky overtone of your armor, with the undertone of the reddish-sandy colors. Now you armor has what appears to be two, moderate-to-subtle layers of sand, then grime, then sand, then grime... and I like it a lot.

The interesting thing is when we weather - depending on the method - it takes away a little bit of what we have done prior, while adding more elsewhere on the suit... adding depth and "age" to the armor.

For mine...

I did a light spot weathering on my first attempt, (then I got the PMs of ridicule - NOT DIRTY ENOUGH JOHN!!!) so, then I applied a more gratuitous weathering overall. I used Brak's tutorial (partly)... Then I applied a mixture of brown and black acrylic in a bottle with wiper fluid, and a blotting towel. I misted each piece - one at a time - then spot blotted (3 or 4 times over about 45 minutes). Mainly to get rid of spray spots and puddles. This undid half of what I had blotted in the second stage, but added 15-20% overall dusty grime.

Thirdly, I then brushed little spots of brown, grey, and black acrylic, then took a rag (wet with the wiper fluid AND some actual red-clay dirt from my flower bed, and lightly daubed - and did Seth's 3/4 twist-daub) on the small areas. Then misted one more time for fun.

Let dry...

Then I took a clean paper towel and buffed the leading edges on ridges, on the teet lines, and other raised areas.

This is where I got...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I expect an RT-Mod very soon (I hope) and apply the same method.

I did not mean to hi-jack your thread, but your style of weathering appeals to what I am tring to achieve.

I hope to troop with you when you get a chance to get Stateside.

Your suit is beautiful!

John

Thanks for your kind word John.

I also hope to troop whit you, for a good time some day.

Its very hard to do this weathereing.

What is right and what is wrong.

I think they all look different in anh.

Some look like they only have black on the suit.

Some more sandy/light brown, whit some soot/black grey dust over it???.

I have been thinking about, if my suit need a black/soot, grey tone also to be even more 100%.

I really like you weathering too mate.

Mine got more details to it then yours, but in a way yours look more anh.

Yo John.

I will make a new topic, here under weathering about this.

Best regards from here bro.

cheers.

Rolf

Thanks for the kind words man!

I agree with the white commando!

your TD armor is just beautiful!

where did you got it and for how much?

regarding the weathering process... i noticed also that every sandtrooper in ANH has a different pattern.

so basically that´s a license to do as you wish for as long as you don´t overDOit i guess.

Mine method took me just 4 hours to complete the whole armor and I believe it came out pretty good.... however i believe i´ll add some lighter colours and a few soot spots here and there...

Grafite is a great soot source for ABS plastic. CAREFUL! don´t overdo it!

cheers!

Thanks for the kind words man!

I agree with the white commando!

your TD armor is just beautiful!

where did you got it and for how much?

regarding the weathering process... i noticed also that every sandtrooper in ANH has a different pattern.

so basically that´s a license to do as you wish for as long as you don´t overDOit i guess.

Mine method took me just 4 hours to complete the whole armor and I believe it came out pretty good.... however i believe i´ll add some lighter colours and a few soot spots here and there...

Grafite is a great soot source for ABS plastic. CAREFUL! don´t overdo it!

cheers!

My suit is a TM aka a TrooperMaster suit.

He is here on mepd.

Just make a topic, and he will get back to you.

Or PM him.

Thise maker are very careful, and i may not say more then that.

Best regards from here mate

amazing....

I´ll get in touch with him shortly.

I´m definetely going for one.

thanks for the info Brother.

Vode An ner-vod.

No problem mate, love to help a trooper bro out