MEPD and BFG's

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, the reason for questioning this was the "move along" TD as others, do not carry BFG's and that is "cannon" [which is a bit silly, NO one's sandy is screen accurate, but ARE very close. Every trooper is different and that makes this so much fun. I ws just curious, my BFG beefed and was junked, also carrying a BFG at events.... sucks after awhile. I guess I'll have to put together a BFG before I submit my application to the MEPD

Pretty much everything that can be said on this subject has been gone over again and again, but in case anyone still doesn't get it. I'll tackle this one yet again.

1- MEPD requirements are, quite simply, all of the 501st TD requirements. No "or" this or "pick one of the three" that. It's all of it. That's where they came from. If you haven't noticed them before here they are: http://www.mepd.net/require/

2- Yes, there are two troops in ANH that lack backpacks, and one who also lacks a pauldron. Yes, they are canon, yes they are sandtroopers, but they don't meet the above requirements. Questions? See #1.

3- Still confused? Go back to #1, if you wind up here again, you have other things to worry about.

I understand the arguement about screen-accuracy, I agree that the no-backpack brothers are indeed sandtroopers. I agree that an E11 is a perfectly acceptable sandtrooper weapon. However, the 501st requirements & MEPD requirments read differently, for good reason. Funny though, no one argues about adding "no drop boxes" and "no shoulder straps" to the requirements. There are no exceptions to those. Hmmm, maybe it's because that would be more "work". Odd how we only see people wanting to loosen the standards, particularly when they don't meet them.

Preach it brother! I only wanted to be a TD because of you guys, and I submitted my 501st membership pics with EVERYTHING BUT DIRT. I added dirt 2 days later, with acrylic, non-removable paint. MEPD inspired me to do it right the FIRST time. I still want to re-make my pack, even though it is modeled after the Marmit trooper, some components are flimsy, and it is a little too thick, but I tried to go all the way before even getting into the 501st, let alone applying here. Thank you for the strict rules, and the great info!!!!!

One more thing, I want more accurate armor too, so I am adding vacuum-forming to my blacksmith shop. I want to do it RIGHT, and everyone in the MEPD should too. I know that most of you do, but would-be TK's need to understand the dedication and want to be that way too.

I don´t follow... I did not understand what you mean