This Board

1970s

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say what a great board this is and the Monitors are great too. You are allowed to speak your mind here! I'm part of another board - for the 1966 batman TV show -

http://www.66batman.com/

- everything you say is edited and if you ever mention the makers of costumes and props they dump the threads or lock them up. They don't even allow you to critique work that you consider crappy. What a bunch of *****. Oh ya, forgot to mention - no swearing either. The MEPD is like a breath of fresh air every time I come here - the Monitors are NOT like Nazi's and you are allowed to speak your mind.

Thanks Guys for letting me vent a little frustration at you,

Jack Vartuli

RedFox@optonline.net

{SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/dance.gif

Thank you and thanks to all MEPD members for making this board what it is! I think Seth and I have done a fairly decent job on running things so far, and while I believe we both feel we're all adults here and can deal with adult subject manner, I'm happy to say nothing has really been a problem.

Heavy handed moderation just seems silly to me, and I personally don't enjoy being censored, so I'm not about to start unless there is a blatant disregard for civility.

Since we're on the topic (and I welcome all CT.net members to speak up), does anyone feel that the rules of conduct on clonetroopers.net seem rather excessive? Virtually no prop maker's name is allowed to be spoken and even the slightest bit of prying from a n00b gets their thread locked. What you end up with are a half million "Hey, everyone, I'm new!" threads... and little to nothing else. Now granted, there is very little - if any - Clone armor in circulation right now so people aren't working on much, but I just feel that kind of moderation and all the different levels of access seems a little over-the-top or excessive. Thoughts?

Since we're on the topic (and I welcome all CT.net members to speak up), does anyone feel that the rules of conduct on clonetroopers.net seem rather excessive? Virtually no prop maker's name is allowed to be spoken and even the slightest bit of prying from a n00b gets their thread locked. What you end up with are a half million "Hey, everyone, I'm new!" threads... and little to nothing else. Now granted, there is very little - if any - Clone armor in circulation right now so people aren't working on much, but I just feel that kind of moderation and all the different levels of access seems a little over-the-top or excessive. Thoughts?

I think that place has become a zoo. It was always a pretty wild and woolly forum but at least it was fun and there were tons of great discussions. Not so much anymore.

FWIW, MEPD was the model I had in mind when I started FISD. Hopefully we've been able to flatter with imitation, though having it's own unique feel as well.

I go in and out of the CT boards cause im gettin info for a RC im gonna do next year. It it is alot tighter than here. Ive never been worried about askin questions about anything here but there, I havent even asked anyone anything yet I just read around cause I dont wanna get locked out or tick off the admin. And yeah its like a drug for me too, and IM FEENIN MAN...

i am not really into the clonetrooper stuff, so i have not visited the clonetrooper forum. I can however say that i find MEPD to be a really great forum, and even though i do not yet have any armor, i still visit this place at least twice a day! A lot of good people, facts and armor here! I find this place to have a better "attitude" than the whitearmor forums, as over there it seems like there is just gino and te fighting all the time! Here i keep learning new things, and it is my daily fix and keeps my spirit up for the day i finally can afford a set of armor! So as an outsider i can just say keep up the good work MEPD!

I love this forum better than my own garrison's! You can't pick your garrisons but you can pick your dets and this (along with FISD) rule the pack.

I agree completely. I wish I could troop with all of you guys all the time! Every time I visit most other forums, I come running back here pretty fast. Thanks to everyone who makes this place worth visiting!

Personally I feel more comfortable posting and asking question here than there... the other time I did ask someone about " whether do they know any maker for T21?" I was being told off that the T21 is not being used by Clones... which I knew it... Come on....

Copy that troops.

Just look at my member date.

And how many post i have done in here since

i´m on other 4 forums, but i have only a few post on them.

MEPD is my brotherhood

I'm new to this board so I can't speak for a lot of experience, but everyone has been nothing but supportive and helpful to a "noob".

I'm not sure I can say that about all groups (Detachment/501st/Star Wars or otherwise), so give yourselves a pat on the back

This truely is one of the strongest Detachments in the 501st community.

I'm new to this board so I can't speak for a lot of experience, but everyone has been nothing but supportive and helpful to a "noob".

I'm not sure I can say that about all groups (Detachment/501st/Star Wars or otherwise), so give yourselves a pat on the back

This truely is one of the strongest Detachments in the 501st community.

That's great to hear!!

I'd have to whole-heartedly agree with most of the previous statements. I love coming here and seeing what everyone is up to, and now that I have an iPhone, I find myself doing it two or three times a day.

Beware... the next thing you know, you'll be checking the boards while dropping a deuce.

I'd have to whole-heartedly agree with most of the previous statements. I love coming here and seeing what everyone is up to, and now that I have an iPhone, I find myself doing it two or three times a day.

Beware... the next thing you know, you'll be checking the boards while dropping a deuce.

I'm not going to lie... That's one of the best times to read the TE/GINO drama over at FISD.

I'm not going to lie... That's one of the best times to read the TE/GINO drama over at FISD.

Is that STILL going on?? I stopped caring. Any new revelations?

this is why i dont post very often over there. it comes across very clique and a little intolerant of noobs.

i only ever really pm people on CT.net and to be fair all the people i've contacted have been tremendous.

MEPD is a joy to be a part of. i like to pop over, chew the fat, hang out and have a giggle.

Rock on.

any news on them thighs Mike

...any news on them thighs Mike

I need to sand the molds a little on the sides, but just have not had the time to get over to my buddy's and take care of that, and also pull a set for you. This month is a going to be a little crazy...it's almost Fall, and the mrs. wants to constantly take road trips on the weekends, eat out, yada, yada... I've also been spending a lot of my time working on Commander Gree. Took this entire week just to fabricate one shoe.

Wow, its great to hear feedback like this! I've never been a fan of censorship in general, and really don't care for the often over-zealous moderation that plagues other boards. I know Mike is of the same mind, and we've been lucky enough to have a group that is very cool & kind. Of course, there have been times that mod stuff has gone on, some of it legit, some of it a learning experience on the staff's end. By and large I think if you take a group of adults who share a common interest and leave them go they will be civil 99% of the time.

As far as language I know we are fairly unique in allowing any words to be typed but just as in real life "four letter words" only seem to be used when appropriate and never to excess. Amazing, you treat people like grown-ups and they act that way! Treat them like children though..... well, nevermind.

I think FISD has taken the model and done really well with it. They seem to have a few staff members who lean toward the Orwellian over-moderation of the 501st main forums, but even they have gotten better as they've "gotten their legs" and come into their own.