Liquitex?

Dirty Trooper

works great, you just need to do it small patch by small patch, and sand it with 220 while it's wet. once you get used to it, it's awesome to work with. rustoleum makes a similar textured product in an aerosol that comes in black and tan that has the same look but even easier to work with, again, there, 220 while it's wet, and varying thicknesses, but even after a year+ of trooping with it, it's still a tectured sandy finish when you touch it, very nice!

no, it doesnt look sanded, and the sanding just smoothes it and it and makes it look weathered versus big blobs of spraypaint.. if you wanna weather your armor and become a sandie, get used to dings, dirt, crap, etc, don't try and keep your armor pristine and shiny under it all LOL! honestly, using these products varies little from the other products reccomended on these boards. theres a ton of different way to weather, and it's all in the technique. pay attention to what you're doing, and practice on some spare abs first..

.. if you wanna weather your armor and become a sandie, get used to dings, dirt, crap, etc, don't try and keep your armor pristine and shiny under it all LOL! ..

No problem boss! Not looking to go the "pretty boy" route. Dirty is for me!

and isnt that the best part.. the digs the scratches.

when loading up for C3 everyone had there amor in nice storage bins.. to keep them clean.. i just threw my helmet on the ground (more dirt.. really dirt ) and if anything it looked better.

Yeah, It's nice to not have to worry about it. I just through mine in a couple of rubbermaid bins and went. No padding or anything. And if the airline puts a serious crack in it you can just patch it back together and not lose sleep over it.

Yes I have used the Liquitex Gel Sand medium and it works great!!!!. Let it dry for a few minutes and wipe it off with Windex.

Anybody used it? If so, did you like it and how did you apply it to your armor?

Yes I have used the Liquitex Gel Sand medium and it works great!!!!. Let it dry for a few minutes and wipe it off with Windex.

Why wipe it off with windex? Could you use water instead? Why not just let it dry to a crust? Just curious.....

Are you the sandtrooper guy that I spoke to at CIII in front of the huge Millenium falcon display? You were with Seeker. He was also in his sandy armor..

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys... Yep I'm that sandtrooper with seeker. The Sandtrooper with real Sand.. I would love to post some pictures but not sure how to do it.. Any help will be great appreciated. If anyone has questions on putting on the Liqutex feel free to e-mail and I'll give you a hand.

This stuff is perfect to use because you don't have to sand or prep the surface and if you make a mistake wipe if off. I have a list of colors too. I'm also working on a turtorial on makeing a true to size Marmit Sandtrooper pack that will be low cost .... that is if you can find most the part.

Here are 2 links for pics.. one is Seekers and the other is mine.

DGASSER

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhoto ... rt_order=0http://www.r2ro.com/anhtroopersCIII.htm</a></a><!--%20m%20-->'>

SEEKER

http://www.r2ro.com/anhtroopersCIII.htm

Why wipe it off with windex? Could you use water instead? Why not just let it dry to a crust? Just curious.....

You don't want to completely wipe if off. Just need to push and some will come off. This will give it a much more natural look. If you let it dry all the way you are going to have a hard time with it.