Totally different armor solution

Jodo_Kast

I am in the middle of assembling my RT stormie armor. For those of you unfamiliar with his stuff, the kidney plate is seperate from the butt plate and the cod is seperate from the ab plate.

I was trying to measure where to trim and attach the cod plate to get it to hang just right under the belt. Then EUREKA!!! it hit me.

WHY NOT ATTACH THE COD PIECE TO THE BACK OF THE BELT????

I would have total flexibilty. With Boba or Jango type costumes, the cod plate is basically held in place by the girth belt.

What do you think?

Well, I gave it a try and though it is extremely convenient, you don't get the snug fit of the suspenders and the crotch strap. You can still run a strap from the butt plate to the cod but all it does is pull the belt and cod down.

In the end, I attached the cod to the belly plate with 2 thick straps close to the middle line and with about a 1/2" gap between the cod and the belly. This allows the cod to fully hinge upwards if needed and the gap is still covered when you have the belt.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

• 1 month later...