TD "Cheesegrater" Handbacks possible interest/Run

tubachris85x

Hey everyone

I want to apologize for not responding, Ive been pretty busy, and almost totally forgot about these. The ABS supplier basically fell through, which actually really upset me.

However, I am considering to cast these in fiberglass once I get a mold made. The sculpts still need a little fixing up, and since I am considering fiberglass now, all casts will be from a single mold, and make a set consistant with each other. Price may change, but it may stay the same. I will try to get this started when I can. Thanks

-tubachris

Ok, well Ive decided to go ahead and cast these in fiberglass. I just ordered some silicone molding materials, and will mold it once I finish prepping the sculpt.

Once thats done, I'll make a first cast. To be quite honest, this will be my first molding experience, as well as FG casting. I will practice first of course! Updates to come

-tubachris

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes! Ive been trying to get onto the forum for a few days, just wouldnt load up!

Anyways, I got the silicone rubber, Im practicing with a smaller object right now for me to practice with. Thats currently setting. However, due to the cost of materials, I am sincerely thinking of re-sculpting the hand plates. Upon closer inspection of my original sculpt, its not looking mold worthy, and I feel I can do a much better job then what it is right now. I'll keep you guys updated

-tubachris

To Tk2230, yes, should I follow through with this, I will be willing to ship to canada.

Just an update, the silicone mold turned out perfect. I have a better idea of how to go about this. Like I said before, im really thinking about re-doing the sculpt. The exisistiing one will be really difficult for me to fix up while keeping it as clean as possible. I'll keep everyone updated.

My first silicone mold!

Posted Image

Casted in fiberglass resin

Posted Image

Thanks

-tubachris