Photoshopper look here.

skutch

So, I'm getting some comments about my TD photo, how the gun needs to look hollow for the pose I have. Is anyone Photoshop savvy? A friend of mine tried to do it, but it didn't look very good. Let me know if you might be able to help.

Posted Image

Smart ***. Do you know if the big part was filled with water? Or was it just airspace?

Take a look here for a link to a manual for the Lewis: http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3028. (can't actually answer your particular question as I haven't read all the text of the manual, but mostly used the photos for reference.)

The LG is air cooled. The outer barrel is a hollow shroud with fins inside that run the length of the barrel. The ribs you see at the rear of the shroud that stick out at the front of the receiver are the ends of the fins. That is actually the air intake, as rounds are fired it creates a draft that sucks cooler air into the sleeve (at the receiver end) and on down and out the muzzle end thus helping to cool the barrel for sustained firing.

That's it in a nutshell.

• 2 months later...

I try to do the best I can, with the skills I have. Be it in Photoshopping, research, designing weapons prototypes, and costuming...

example: I may carry a styrene Cushman and wear the FX armor...

But I can compete easily - in my opinion - with a fair (or poorly) assembled scratch-built weapon/or hastily poured hyperfirm weapon, and a badly (or overdone) weathered/assembled TE or TM suit.

It is about trying. It is also about seeking advice (or noting the methods and skills) of the stand-outs in the particular forum you are "working" in. In MEPD... namely Daetrin, 1536, Seth, and secretly Gundhamzeppelin.

Stomper, I have been noticing your craftsmanship on this forum, and I admire your work as well. You have my respect.

Later Brothers!

John

NICE!! I actually pinched that one for the personal gallery I have for reference photos!!