******HyperFirm MG-34 Auction******

MIAMI437

This auction is for a new HyperFirm MG-34. Just received today! Thanks to JB and slavefive at SCI-FIRE for their generous donation for this auction!

It is being auctioned off to raise money for Shane Gordan and family. Please refer to THIS thread on the 501st boards.

All money from the auction will be given to Shane.

You can post a bid here or if you want to remain anonymous, PM me. I will update this post with current bids.

The auction will close on Aug 1st at midnight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good Luck!

BIDS

Miami437-$400

Once bidding is over, payment instructions will be sent to the winner. The MG-34 will be shipped via UPS once payment is received. I will cover shipping costs.

Moderators-Seth allowed me to post the auction here in the Barracks. This auction is announced on 501st boards and some may not be members here. Please don't move.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the way auctions work is that you start the bidding low. This entices the people to bid because they think that they'll get a deal and help someone else out in the process. I also think that the fact that someone here was just selling these for $375 didn't help much either.

I can see where Don is coming from, but starting a bid too low on something of this calibre would not have done what was intended, which was to help a friend in need with a maximum benefit.

I think if the series one trading card set can go for $600, there is no reason this couldn't have sold for much higher. Alas, it didn't and as you said, others were available recently for less. Had this not been a special situation, there would have been no need to create this auction. Although he already owns one of these beauties, Don spent another $400 of his own money to do this. In any event the Gordon family still wins.