Ab plate

TD257

I still plan on getting the ab plate from JB...I just may have to do some heavy modifications to make it work. If what I''m envisioning works, the cod piece might actually be more screen accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

You can use the regular AB plate that came with your TK armor... You can use it by pulling the buttons and filling the holes.. The problem is that it is NOT accurate! Take a look at the reference pics, and you will see what I mean..... There isnt the "bumps and ridges" on the TD plate like there is on the TK plate. Hence why we are ordering the ABplates...

At some point, once we get either more suppliers or a supplier that makes them on a more "regular" basis, they WILL become a necessary mod to be a DEPLOYED trooper. But for now, they are still optional. If you have all your other mods, you can be DEPLOYED and then gradnfathered in on the abplate.. So get the mods done NOW!!!

Nope.. IF you can make one that is screen accurate, GO FOR IT!!! The only thing I ask as the DL is that you make sure that it IS screen accurate! I sure dont mind peeps doing their own, and saving the money!

Saying this, as everyone reads it, PLEASE PLEASE, if you make one, and it DOESNT come out good, please DONT wear it! Ask a fellow Sandie for their "input" on any that you make. If they say it looks like dog feces then find a supplier and buy one! Otherwise, form it up, make it, glue it up, and troop on!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used the extra belt pieces that came with my armor to create mine.

I made the 'square box' area, and then cut out a hole in my existing ab plate, and PVC glued in the one I made. Its actually quite solid.

It took some time, but to do anything like this right, you should.

There are pictures of it in my photo album(TD7722).

If you decide to go this way, GO SLOW, and constantly measure and size things up.

Unfortunately, I didnt have a digital camera at the time I made my mods, so I only have the after pictures posted - 1 prior to dirtying - 1 after.

If you make any tiny mistakes, just dirty those areas up more, and it blends right in - cant even tell.

I also used my extra belt pieces to make my knee plate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I see by the previous posts that the standard AB plate can be used by removing the buttons and filling in the holes....I may have to go back to that one as the one that I got from that mass order from Deutchland is really kind of short! It keeps popping out from under my chest piece! It just seems kind small.....

Jess Coffer - TD5151

Dewback Ridge Squad Leader

Mountain Garrison

Yeah, It is a little short but I haven't had problems with it popping out yet and I'm 6 feet. You must be a tall trooper. It does ride kinda weird in the cod piece area though.

Yeah, It is a little short but I haven't had problems with it popping out yet and I'm 6 feet. You must be a tall trooper. It does ride kinda weird in the cod piece area though.

I am thinking it is to much beer to be honest!

Jess Coffer - TD5151

Dewback Ridge Squad Leader

Mountain Garrison

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New to the boards. Currently a TK but the call of the desert and harassing, sorry policing, the locals seems to be too strong...

So looking to alter my armor. If anyone can PM me the answer to this also...