Backpack Designs

troopertk2427

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here are the not-so-rightly-named parts for my pack.

i used 4 science tubs for the base. these are school used experiment tubs or photo developing trays.

i used an assortment of desk trays for the radios and sat-kit box.

the large upper left part.. is an art tray for paint and brushes.

the Satelite dish is a kids top game base.

the silver antenna on top is a dish washer air gap

there are some misc. variety of hoses..

a knife tray on the left lower side hooked to a silver hose.

a soap dish used as an antenna on the lower box

a water bottle and bowl

a scratchbuilt keypad made of vinyl bumpers and paint

various bumpers for buttons..

the radio has 2 variable dimmer switch knobs. the three LEDs are in fact dimmer switch adapters painted to look like LEDs

the longer knobs are electrical twist connectors

i put my thermal detonator on the top right.

there are some smaller packaging details.. and just plain extras to add dimention.

i got part numbers for most.. but not here. i can get them if u need.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am new here, but I built my pack about 3 years ago and am finally finding the time to get back into the swing of things. I just recently made some binoculars to. My crappy temp webpage is here:

Gary's crappy website

My mods page is about 4 years old or so, but the pack pictures are newer and the binoculars are really new. Anyway, cool site. I found it here quite by accident. I am in the process of "going dirty"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Being very new here I searched the net, written to several members of the 501st before taking the plunge. I finished my backpack this weekend and now I just need to weather it. I too found many different designs by looking at movie stills,fan produced and even looked at the action figures and ended up picking the battery box design with a few details borrowed from the others. I have not figured out how to post photos here yet , sorry. But if one of you would like to tell me how I did I can send you a photo . Comments would be very welcome, I want to do this correctly.

• 4 months later...

sorry about the leaving and the being gone and all... i lost my job and had to get a new one.. so im back now.. just more busy. Im sorry about the list thing i was putting it together when all this happened. ill get that done and get a parts list available if i can find it again.. otherwise i guess ill have to build another one and do it that way!