dying MP40 pouches

I ended up using Kiwi brand leather dye. It took about 20 minutes to do and I didn't need to use a deglazer or anything. I just cleaned the pouches with a damp rag, let them dry, and then went to it with the leather dye. I'm still debating weather or not to hit the pouches with black shoe polish, but in my opinion they look great with out it. I'll see if I can upload some pictures later (can't find my camera right now).

BTW, I haven't had a problem with the dye coming off or anything like that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I did find and I don't know if anyone has encountered it -

The bottom of the pack would catch on my thigh and push it down. I wound up adjusting the straps on the back to lower the pack. Seems to have helped so far. 6'2" may be the problem.

I had a similar problem, but I slid the pouch around my belt until it the pack didn't touch it

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I'll give that a try (Zac, if you could still post pics that would help).

Sorry that it's been two weeks... I finally found my camera and here are the pics. Let me know if you want to see them from another angle (such as the back perhaps). And no, I still haven't had a chance to weather them...

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...