UNK Clone Armor Project

TD-1536

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update on the progress...If u ever thinking of mass production... U can count on me... I will order one set from u....

Thanks guys. All the major sculpting is done, just need to sand everything smooth and start the molding process.

I've started covering the sculpts in silicon and making fiberglass mothermolds. Shoulder bell mold is done. You can also see some 'in progress' clone parts and two Sandtrooper backpacks up top in mid-build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not going to be done by Dragoncon, no way. But, I finished a few sets of prototype legs last week. I need to tweak the molds a bit, but for the most part, I'm happy with them. The knees are OCCS. I formed my knees at the same time, but I'm not 100% happy with the overall shape at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here they are painted up for a customer...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just started on a second set for myself that will be finished in the 501st color scheme.

...ps. I know what kind of rubber it is! But i've sworn to secrecy.

Flexible foam rubber core skinned with a high shore polyurethane rubber.

If i get to working on my own set of spider man webs i will keep this in mind... urethane rubber seems to break all to easy

Also great work so far on the legs how well would they fit a guy a bit smaller then you.