Trooper with Blaster gets arrested

erase

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a police officer, I also agree that charging that guy was a load of crap. Thank God it wouldn't fly here in Arizona. We have a specific definition for a firearm and pretty loose carry laws. Unless you are a prohibited possessor or under 18-Years-old, you can strap a loaded gun on your hip and walk around all day or drive around with it in plain view in your car.

You do need a permit to carry a concealed gun though. Go figure.

Steve

You tell em Seth!!

Posted Image

They can take my rubber toy gun from my cold dead hands!

*** doing my best William Wallace accent ***

They can take my rubber toy gun.... but they can never take my

FREEDOM!!!

Yeah Brudder... loco...That some more like it...

You tell em Seth!!

Posted Image

They can take my rubber toy gun from my cold dead hands!

*** doing my best William Wallace accent ***

They can take my rubber toy gun.... but they can never take my

FREEDOM!!!

-erase's Quote: Troopers, pls read. Better be safe than sorry. When moving to deployment area, keep weapons concealed.-

smooth advice, yet another reason for cops to go Gung-** on random civilians. -__-

-weiBes's Quote: There is no true freedom, unless (our) right to bear arms is upheld. this so called 'war on terror' has damaged our rights beyond what we think and has given the police the freedom to shoot and kill at will. in the past when there was a hostage problem, they talked the gunman out of it without killing anyone. now they shoot first and ask questions later, its a small example of how things have changed and how the media has demonized gun owners. soon they will have banned everything, including our own personal thoughts. Big Brother is watching and growing in strength everyday. it reminds me of a time in Germany when (Hitler) was trying to rule the world.-

unfortunately, i have to agree with you on all of that chunk, weiBes

-Steve12201's quote:....you can strap a loaded gun on your hip and walk around all day or drive around with it in plain view in your car.-

....and then get arrested for 'conspiracy to commit an act of terror', or some other bullsh!t charge - even if you're registered to buy/have a gun.

its getting to be that, if you dont have a badge to go along with that firearm you're looking to buy, use the money for something less (useful?) - like paying off a loan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To date, no charges have been laid.

Police check confirms charges are 'pending'

No chance of E-11 being returned - no receipt for seized property either

Just to clarify:

I was wearing a black 'hardface' (polartec) jacket with a mando patch on the left sleeve and fett patch on the right chest. Imp cog was on my 3-day patrol pack. Not a costume, but with black hair, black jeans, black boots I guess it could be mistaken...

E-11 was in the exterior side pocket muzzle first so the handle scope and some of the cables were evident.

At no point did my pack leave my back, including drinking a whole pot of tea for morno's. Anyone with military b/ground will tell you this is possible, but I couldnt convince the officers

In hindsight, definitely a lapse in judgement. Had I packed my tunic & breeches in another bag the blaster could have been contained with noone the wiser.

But I packed so nothing would come loose on the march, keeping my hands free in case I fell. Old habits.

But when you've got a cold, on a cold day when you think you're running late you make a call, and you live with the results.

The stupid part is, as soon as my pack got stripped the force response unit officers ask "is that a stormtrooper gun?" then said "cool" and pulled the trigger saying "you've even got the patches"

I had hoped for an ear bashing and all, but alas, not to be. Any developments & I'll share the news.....

Best of luck man, the whole thing is a little absurd. Stopping you was one thing, but taking your property without giving a receipt (this happened to me once when I was a teenager) and continuing with the encounter past the realization you had a plastic toy gun is ludicrous.

• 2 weeks later...