What it takes....

Art Andrews

Unfortunately for the EU, the trooper begins his "forward leap" with no blaster bolts in sight, so my guess is ILM screwed up. LOL! But yeah, shot in the back, that's good. I still like like my tripping theory. It wouldn't be the first time someone took a spill while in armor!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Well, when will it be official as to what will be required. I guess I have more work cut out for me than anticipated. I'm close to meeting Legion requirements, but I guess I gotta do my homework. It's about the journey as much as the destination. Right?

Just my 2 cents. Seems like everyone wants to change the rules to satisfy

themselves. Or change them so they can become a MEPD member.

When I joined I followed the rules in place. I went to allot of extra trouble

to make myself look as good as possible. That's what seperates us from the rest!

AMEN Brother!

When I decided to take up the challenge and convert over to the "working-class" I reviewed ALL the criteria and standards for both the 501st & MEPD. I also "did-my-homework".

I have to agree that in order to separate ourselves from the "common-garden variety" stormtrooper, we've got to go that "extra-mile" and commit ourselves to the task of ensuring that all "sandtrooper" features are present on our armor. Some chose a few while others (like myself, enjoy meeting ALL the requirements).

There are several existing threads covering the issues concerning"canon vs noncanon" and "existing requirements vs modified ones".

Like TD3269 I desire to represent the "BEST-LOOKING" sandtrooper possible to both fans & fellow "sandies". I guess it all boils down to personal pride. Aloha.

Guns

That's understandable. Well, I've got my work cut out for me. I'm the garden variety.

How many here have the FX and how many have the ANH/TE armor? I'm not sure if I got that right. I hope I dont' have to switch armor to do this.

I've got both brother!

Guns

For SkalenFehl:

I should clarify a couple of items from my previous message:

1. When I mention "common garden-variety" I speak of sandtrooper vs stormtrooper. My intention was not to "degrade/belittle" anyone. My comments should be viewed as "friendly competition" between "clean" & "dirty" troopers. As evidenced by my numerous posts, I am very "passionate" about "dirt" and what "sandies" mean to me.

2. I AM very fortunate that my darling wife purchased a TE armor set for me when I could'nt attend CIII. I still have my "clean" FX armor (with drop boxes & thermal detonator) All I'm trying to get across is that it takes a serious commitment on the part of the individual to "dirty" their personal set of armor! Everyone's standard is different. If you check the requirements for both the 501st AND MEPD you can decide (from the existing lists) what features you are comfortable with -- or even agree with.

3. A "clean" stormtrooper IS cool too! I did not mean to offend! Aloha bro.

Guns

P.S. I tend to forget my primary mission: To rid the galaxy of scum...one rebel at a time!

Cool. It'll take me a while, but I'd like to get as close as I can to be dirty all the way, the whole nine yards, the whole ball of wax.

TK-2581...no worries, bud. I wasn't in the least bit offended or worried. I'm easygoing. Anyway, I'm just getting the hang of this, though my armor has been dirty for a long time.

I'll ditch the thermal detonator

Get a backpack

Green lenses

BFG...I want that big bazooka...or whichever is cheapest, lol

diamond knee

ab plate

what else...

Guess that's it. I'm a TDH forums veteran, so I just spent around $1,200 and 14 months on finishing my Jango so I'm not sure if I oughta push my luck financially. My wife would finish me if my pocket book doesn't.

I know this has nothing to do with Sandtrooping, but looking at my Jango, you'll see I spared no expense:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay, enough Jango. Now that it's outta my system, if my wife doesn't object I'll start saving up and modifying my TK further. I'd like to get official here. I'll post pics soon of what it looks like now. It's bed time and I'm outta here.

:td::td:

Hey SkalenFehl...

I'm NOT an expert but that Jango Fett IS AWESOME. If you invested THAT much time, energy, & $$$ into Jango, no doubts your TD will be awesome too! Great photos. Aloha.

Guns

Nice Jango armor! I always envy people that have enough time and resources to own multiple costumes. This sandtrooper beast is all I'll ever own since I'm always pouring money into it.

Does anyone have the TE helmet on an FX set or armor? Does this sound preposterous?

I just bought a TE helmet to use with my FX armor. I'll be sure to upload some pics once it's finished.

The TE helmet is about one of the best helmets out there. There is another helmet out there that they call a RT Mod that is pretty good.

Probably cost you less. You can were either helmet with your FX

and it will look great! MUch better than that big ol bucket.

• 4 weeks later...

Most people hate the fact that i love the SE stuff. I felt the same as Lucas. It added the stuff that always seemed to be missing.

Of course I only care about beeing highly recognizable and not 100% screen accurate. I do dislike how people got so stuck on the fact that the regular edition is canon that they argue the SE not being. As braks said with a frown, I guess the SE has to be cannon.

If for some reason Lucas flipped out and created a movie that featured sandtroopers only and added all of the SE stuff, I fear the movie would be highly scrutinized because it wasn't the same as ANH the original edition.

I laugh at all of the fights on the RPF about this sort of thing. These are all things that will never be answered.

I agree with Braks list. to be a true Sandie you should abide by those. But I also think there should be a little creativity and allowance on special items like Binders and Binocs. Those are BOTH things kids LOVE to play with for photo shoots.

Some things I agree with... but let's not get too anal. It takes away the fun of it all. No one has a truely "accurate" sandtrooper and yet every sandtrooper is different. I think there should be some requirments

Pauldron, backpack, ab plate, knee diamond, dirt, ammo pouch. but I see some troopers with rebel insgina stickers on their helmets and I think that is cool! eh... my 2 cents