Your experience with Hyperfirm

To update everyone on the problem. My T-21 was shipped today, which is good and bad. They never got around to Woodgraining it, which is why I had waited 4 months. BUT, it is on the way. I'm pretty disappointed that it took this long to not even have it finished. UNBELIEVABLE.

Bill even sent me an email sounding ****** at me because I called John. I'm guessing he got in trouble. What in the world? I don't care how nice the gun is, it is doubtful I'll recommend them to anyone.

Anyone in NYC know how to woodgrain?

Hey Danny. I just wanted to apologize again for the way things turned out with the blaster. We've been struggling for a while to get things running smoothly and to be able to keep up with the demand. In the past, it's alway only been myself who made the blasters because it's not easy. Recently, we've subbed the production out to guys here at work to help move things. We don't make hardly anything on the guns but it appears that this will work out much better in the long run.

Like I said in my email, please let me know if I can offer you something to ease the ill feelings that have come from this.

Take care.

John

Thanks for posting John, a lot of us (myself included) really support you guys and love the products. There can be problems with production and a million other things, what is most important is seeing that the problems get addressed. Your public acknowledgement does a lot for my faith in the brand.

I had this conversation with Luke, we are fans of the line & actually care to see it go well. So we are disappointed when it doesn't & maybe the reaction is a bit more sincere (or severe ) than if it was a fly-by-night operation that you simply write off.

Quite understandable. I'm not upset with what others are saying but more that they aren't having a good experience with us. It is VERY tough to keep schedules and such working the hours that we do but that's no excuse for not communicating or delivering when we said we would.

We are restructuring and yet again....

We will be paying to have parts made to deliver to everyone quickly... In other words, I will not be the bottleneck any more. We are actually trying it out on this DC-15 thing we are doing right now. After only 2 weeks, we have made both masters, molded them and are already casting parts for shipment this Weds. That's fast. That's what we will be shooting for in the future.

We will attempt to stock items after C4 in hopes to keep things moving quickly. There is talk about remolding the Lewis gun in the near future also. That's only a rumor since we took a bath on those.

LOL. Well not exactly what I had in mind but it'll do. FYI....

We've worked things out. We stayed and nearly caught up so we are golden in a day or two. Believe me, I can't wait. There are two brand new MG-34 v.2s on the bottom shelf. Those are for Luke. There were a couple minor issues with the originals for Luke. We didn't feel right sending them since he and his guys have waited so long. This was their state as of Saturday. New bipods, etc.

Sorry for the delays...trying to make good.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

This sucks! I wish I had known about this guy before ordering (E-11) on ebay (apr 3). No gun, no communication, no money back (past 45 days), I guess I just hope it shows one day. I left a neg feedback today maybe that will help. Not happy!

Here is the listing text...

Sterling L2A3 – “Blastech E-11”

This lightweight rubber blaster prop is as authentic as it gets, and not some home brew version. REAL sci-fire.com product casted directly from a real Sterling, and completed to match the film version. Carbon fibre armature. LESS THEN 2 LBS WILL NOT BREAK FROM DROPPING or trooping. This is a NON-FIRING BLASTER and CAN NEVER NEVER EVER BE MODIFIED TO FIRE!. As seen in Star Wars – A New Hope. The Blastech E-11 was carried as a standard issue blaster by the Sandtroopers and Stormtroopers. Don’t miss out! This is not readily available. The Hyperfirm blasters have become near extinct in the past year. Most durable blaster for trooping!! This blaster comes painted black. This item is READY TO SHIP as is! Serious bidders only please. FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING (with tracking number) WITH BUY IT NOW! For sale to continental US customers only. Sorry. No overseas or out of country shipping.

Thanks for checking out my auction!

Ready to ship????

My T-21 was shipped today, which is good and bad. They never got around to Woodgraining it,

I have a HF Lewis gun I got when scifire first offered them because it's one of the real world guns that you are just not likely to find a deac or parts kit for and I wanted one in my collection.

I have a real (deac) MG15, MG34, Sterling and missed out recently on one of the mg42/53 parts sets (still looking).

When I ordered my HF Lewis I too was hoping they would do the finish/woodgrain on it and was willing to pay the little extra that was quoted but in the end after some shipping issues I got it without the finish.

to cut this rambling comment short I'll just say that while yes shipping delays do tend to be the norm when ordering, the product is accurate to an original gun, unique, and you'll be happy with it when you get it.

my .02

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

John, I am glad to see you are getting some of the bugs worked out, and I always felt it was more distribution then production problems. Unfortunatly haveing the best product out there doesn't mean a whole lot if you can't get it into your customers hands in a timely manner. When I ordered my MG34 back in 2005 I think Teamphippen seemed to have just taken over the distrobution and shipping. Every one offered said in hand ready to ship but it seemed like everyone took 4-8 months to deliver. Mine took 4 months to deliver, and I think it only took that long because Guns got involved, and I had to threaten teamphippen with my credit card company and mail fraud. Otherwise I might still be waiting. As way of compensating me I got a weathered/woodgrained one when I only ordered a plain black one and a tshirt. I love my hyperfirm, and would really be interested in a DC, but I refuse to waste any more money or time on teamphippen.

John was very appologetic when he contected me about the probelm and I appreciated it, but unfortunatly, your sellers can kill your product in this hobby. If someone is advertising as your distributer as haveing an item in hand ready to ship, then it should ship. If you advertise it as, once we get it made it will ship, then I have no problem waiting. Things take time, but don't say you have it now if you don't.

CJ five

TD/TX/RC 9984

Apologies don't mean much if the guilty party doesn't do anything to remedy the situation.

Suppose Dell sold one of you a computer, took 4-8 months to ship it, and it showed up not fully put together, you'd probably never do business with them again. They can apologize all day long, but they have to go the extra mile to make things right, not the customer nagging them.

I advise people to find a used one. Just read all the posts on this and the 501st forum.

TD-2243

Nicely said. I have to admit, I would love to get a HF Lewis but after spending over a year of my life on this board I fear the same thing might happen to me so I've avoided it and went with a "scratch built" Lewis. I'm happy with it but if a "previous HF owner" were to put a HF Lewis up for sale I would consider it .

Apologies don't mean much if the guilty party doesn't do anything to remedy the situation.

Suppose Dell sold one of you a computer, took 4-8 months to ship it, and it showed up not fully put together, you'd probably never do business with them again. They can apologize all day long, but they have to go the extra mile to make things right, not the customer nagging them.

I advise people to find a used one. Just read all the posts on this and the 501st forum.

TD-2243

Nicely said. I have to admit, I would love to get a HF Lewis but after spending over a year of my life on this board I fear the same thing might happen to me so I've avoided it and went with a "scratch built" Lewis. I'm happy with it but if a "previous HF owner" were to put a HF Lewis up for sale I would consider it .

TD-2243

The easiest way to avoid problems is to deal with Nathan. He can be contacted on this forum and on TDH's forum via the name "slave1pilot". He hasn't been around too much lately, but he'll respond to PM's in a timely manner. I purchased my Lewis from him a year ago and got it within a week of paying for it. If people are having problems with Bill Phippen, then use your common sense and don't buy from him! You don't need to wait for one to go on sale or stalk eBay. Just PM Nathan.