Your experience with Hyperfirm

Hey guys, I ordered a T-21 Lewis blaster from Hyperfirm and it's taken a really long time. Supposedly the gun is done, but I'm just waiting for them to add the wood grain.

I'm curious, for those who know or ordered through teamphippen, how long it took to get yours? He seems legit, but now I'm starting to worry because it's been 4 months. I call and email and occasionally get email replies. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks.

I ordered a T-21 Lewis blaster from Hyperfirm and it's taken a really long time.

Congrats on the order!

I own 2 Hyperfirm weapons and wouldn't trade them for anything. I own a Hyperfirm EE-3 (ROTJ Boba Fett rifle) and a E-11 (ANH Style). The details are just amazing on them, and since they are rubber...I don't have to worry about breakage.

As for the T-21 Lewis - I have been trying to get one for a long time from them, last I heard...the mold was broken. I wish you the best of luck, if you get it - you will NOT be disappointed.

If they are making the T-21's again...I STILL WANT ONE!

Yep same boat. I ordered 3 MG-34 and 2 E-11 last July, paid in 2 installments (that was supposed to protect me but they said in December they were almost ready and to make the 2nd payment - wish I hadn't) I got the E-11 in November but they were missing several parts and were not the best pulls I had seen from their usual high standard. As far as the MG-34 go here we are 9 months later and I have nothing.

I called John Bush in February and he was very helpful sounding thought I was going to get them in March... Still nothing and the replies to emails are becoming few and far between. I''ll call call John again this week and I'll hear something positive and it'll make me reassured for a couple weeks but I have no confidence in anything being delivered.

Latest excuse for the MG-34 is the tripod mold isn't working, I believe them (Lewis sold one on eBay a couple weeks ago without a tripod) but **** it's been almost 10 months and my friends and I are all out over $400 each on these!

TD-8733 was in on this order instead of me but he backed out after 4 months and demanded his money back - put me on the spot so I ended up giving him my MG-34 Hyperfirm that cost me $550. So he's the luckiest guy in this situation - wish I could do the same for the other 2 chaps and I bet they do too.

I've purchased 9 Hyperfirms for me and others over the last 3 years with no major issues but I've always dealt with Drew, Nathan and Lewis. Bill P. - the new guy doing sales is not to be trusted if you ask me and is slowly going to ruin the Hyperfirm name.

It does seem that the issue is the seller. Bought four weapons via Nathan and they were all speedy and perfect transactions.

Other sellers seem to not have them items on hand, or not be great with communication. Not sure why this is...

Funny, I finished an E11 for someone, it was shipped (8 months after being purchased) by "Phippen". It had supposedly been ready at the time of sale, but the one I got was a fresh pull (evidenced by the strong smell coming from the rubber, and the wet glue). Sadly, the things that were glued on were done poorly, it looked like the glue was put on with a mop. It was also supposed to be painted apparently but wasn't. I took care of it and made it look pretty spiffy in the end but for the money and time people really ought to be able to expect normal quality. The shipper did throw in a scout blaster as a "sorry for the wait" but I think it would be easier just to turn around a quality product in a reasonable amount of time.

I've ordered from Nathan and the experience was great, I also got my MG from John way back when, and he was great too. Its not the product, no doubts there.

Hey guys, I ordered a T-21 Lewis blaster from Hyperfirm and it's taken a really long time. Supposedly the gun is done, but I'm just waiting for them to add the wood grain.

I'm curious, for those who know or ordered through teamphippen, how long it took to get yours? He seems legit, but now I'm starting to worry because it's been 4 months. I call and email and occasionally get email replies. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks.

I was in the same boat! I ordered from "TeamPhippen" and my guns took about 4 months and that is with constant hounding and a little help from "Guns" . But it DID finally show up. When I bought them they were supposedly ready to go but I highly doubt that. I would've bought from Nathan because of everyone's great experiences but I could never catch him when he had some. Hang in there bro.

Dang, now I'm really worried since TC 1009 has waited 9 months. That's just ridiculous. The worst part is I can't join jack until I have a gun. I've missed several deployments lately that I would have loved to have trooped on. What a total drag. Anybody have the Hyperfirm phone number, or someone else at Hyperfirm besides Bill P. I'd love to speak to someone else.

PM me if you can help.

Really? That makes no sense. Can't you just borrow a weapon? In our garrison when the three of us TD's troop we tend to take only two BFG's so someone can always take a break with an E-11. Heck, sometimes during a break we even swap out pauldrons so we can take turns playing orange.

To get an ID# I have to have a gun. So unless someone in the NYC area has a T-21 I could borrow, just to get my number and picture taken.

I sent john@sci-fire.com and explained my situation. Hopefully I'll get a response. I'm not going to wait 9 months.

I just sent the Empire City Garrison an email to tell them what's going on. Maybe I'll be able to use someone else's gun to take some pictures until mine arrives, if that's not breaking any rules or anything. I'm not trying to do that. They've been waiting for me to send my pics in for months. Hopefully I'll be able to 'move along' with at least the ID assignment.

growing frustrated.

To get an ID# I have to have a gun. So unless someone in the NYC area has a T-21 I could borrow, just to get my number and picture taken.

I sent john@sci-fire.com and explained my situation. Hopefully I'll get a response. I'm not going to wait 9 months.

I don't believe this is the case. At the very least, having a BFG is not a 501st sandy requirement. It will be in the future, but not now. You can get in with any weapon - even a cheapy hasbro E-11.

Even still, not having an ID number shouldn't preclude you from trooping with your garrison

I don't usually advocate breaking the rules, but bending them is a different thing. I'd suggest you contact your local garrison and explain your situation. Send them a couple of pics and tell them you're interested in trooping with them on their next informal event. We'd welcome you here! Maybe your garrison is more strict than mine, but it never hurts to ask.

If nothing else, buy a $20 hasbro blaster from hasbrotoyshop.com, do a minor bit of work on it and send in the pics!

Well, I just got an email from John at Sci-fire and he's totally apologetic. Apparently, this mess has happened with several other people that worked through Bill. I'm not trying to diss the guy, but it he's can't follow through with customers, then he isn't helping the Hyperfirm name any.

I don't know if mine was ever actually woodgrained, but I'll take it black for now and maybe do it myself down the line. Thanks for the support guys and I'll keep you updated.

I just can't even imagine waiting another four months. Even more so, I can't believe people even recommend their services. I guess I'll keep my eyes peels for someone selling one on here and I'll snag it and get a refund from teamphippen.

The problems are being sorted out - I spoke to John Bush and he was super ticked off. If you deal with Lewis or Nathan you should do great, those guys know how to actually ship the product. If you have an outstanding order that was handled by Bill and you haven't spoken to John pm me.

Lewis is taking orders on The Dented Helmet for delivery by C4 and after hearing about their new production system I would trust Lewis to deliver.

I am soooo relieved that they are sorting out the problems and Hyperfirm should be readily available in a timely fashion. My faith is renewed.

That is good news. I PM'd you for his number. I'll try to speak to John today if I can reach him. I hope he's not giving us the runaround.

The problems are being sorted out - I spoke to John Bush and he was super ticked off.

That is good news, hopefully he pulls this guy in line or finds someone more reliable. I'm glad you have his ear, since you are in touch with everything going on "on the ground".

If you deal with Lewis or Nathan you should do great, those guys know how to actually ship the product.

You're absolutely right about that.

The problems are being sorted out

I seem to recall another thread about this problem six months or so back and the same thing was said then. Everyone assumed the problem was resolved, but obviously it wasn't. Hopefully they'll get their ducks in a row soon.