Just another MG-15

I am not very keen on your weathering job, but the construction is excellent.

Good work soldier!

Any suggestions? This is my first attempt at weathering as I am still trimming my armor and this is my first costume. That's why I posted the pics. I'm still trying to figure this stuff out. So feel free to give any suggestions and pointers please. I know there are many out there who have done this over and over and have plenty things they can point out.

Looking good so far! One thing - I believe the rear scope was centered, and a third scope that was similar to the one on the rebel blasters was attached on the side of the receiver. I personally left the side scope off of my MG15 so I could hold it a little more easily, but I've seen it referenced several times.

I'd recommend a couple of things re: weathering. First, hit the raised spots where you'd imagine the weapon would get bumped with some paint the color of gun metal. Then hit the recessed areas with a little dirt colored paint in at least a couple of tones. Think about which areas wouldn't get wiped off if you ran a cloth over the surface.

The bottom line, as others here have said as well: think like dirt!